INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless playback on PS Audio PWDII with Bridge?  (Read 3489 times)

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
Gapless playback on PS Audio PWDII with Bridge?
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:19:03 am »

Does gapless work on this dac via LAN cat 6 cable? Are there settings that need adjusting on the Synology NAS DS 214+? I have never got gapless to work. Any pointers on this topic would be very welcome.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

Wybe

• World Citizen
Re: Gapless playback on PS Audio PWDII with Bridge?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:53:30 am »

No, the PS Audio Bridge does not support gapless (unfortunately). However, if you use the latest version of eLyric Music Manager on a computer (as audio server) and check the albums as gapless, it will play gapless. The only thing is that the whole album is transferred to the playlist, even if you select one song. Bridge II is in the works and will support gapless. They're also working on a software solution called WaveStream. Check the PS Audio forum for further details. I'm using JRiver/JRemote and I'm hoping that PS Audio will soon resolve the gapless issue. Even their recently announced product DirectStream does not support gapless via the network, because it has the same Bridge. Greetings, Wybe

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:57:26 pm »

Thank you Wybe for this. I have cottoned on to the DirectStream through Paul's Posts and I get all the things you say. The bridge II is being talked about on the PS Audio site so I guess we'll just have to be patient. Appreciated.  :)
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »

In addition I don't think eLyric runs with the latest iOS 6 or 7.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:43:41 am »

In addition I don't think eLyric runs with the latest iOS 6 or 7.

You're referring to the eLyric app for iOS. I was referring to eLyric Music Manager for Windows or OSX. You don't need the eLyric app as control point, when eLyric Music Manager is installed on your computer. Greetings, Wybe

correia200

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 08:25:11 am »

Hello to all.

I am having some dificulties to play with JRiver with PS Audio Bridge.

I have a computer with JRiver installed but I cant send the output to the Bridge.

I can only find the Bridge on Elyryc but J river is far much better.

How can i tell JRiver software to send the sound to the bridge?

Thank you all for your help.

Best Regards.

Carlos

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 09:06:48 pm »

Acquaintances with the PWD tell me of a littany of issues. I thought Paul endorsed MC over his eLyric project some time ago. Seems his forum would be a good place to quiz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up