INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicating JRiver library and files  (Read 1895 times)

papalips

Duplicating JRiver library and files
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:23:19 am »

Need any tips you can give! Trying to duplicate my music files on a second external drive to attaché to my Computer Audiophile server (CAPS). I have already cloned my library, and duplicated my media files on the CAPS external drive. For the life of me tho, I cannot find a way to simply change the file path name to point to the caps drive. The find and replace function wants to change the pathname AND move the files...I just want to change the path.  Thanks in advance for any help!

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Duplicating JRiver library and files
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 07:49:55 am »

Hi!
You may want to try the Rename, Move & Copy Files function (Tools->Library Tools->Rename, Move, & Copy Files) and use just the Rename part of it.
I use it a lot for because I have various copies of the same music  folders on different drives and when I need to port the main library on one of those drives (which have the same files structure but different name) that's the best function to do that kind of job.

papalips

Re: Duplicating JRiver library and files
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 04:34:34 pm »

Thanks arin!  I have been experimenting with it. Unfortunately,when I use it to change the path name, it then rebuilds the tags instead of just changing the file path and leaving my other tags (i.e. genre, artist, etc)!  Seems like it should just change the tag i specify. It also gives me an error that the file is in use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up