INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Direct Mode?  (Read 1634 times)

r010159

• Recent member
Direct Mode?
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

Hello all!

I have been demoing this music player. I like the features as a iTunes replacement. I have tried Fidelia, Audirvana, Anarra, and of course iTunes, but I am liking this one the best.

I have one question. I would like this software to access the lower level hardware driver support, bypassing CoreAudio. I know there is a type of "direct mode" available on the Windows version. But how do I set this up on a Mac? Is this feature even available on the Mac version?

Bob Graham

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Direct Mode?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:16:18 pm »

It does bit-perfect playback by default.

As long as you don't enable any of the DSP settings in MC (which aren't bad, and are "audiophile quality" DSPs by the way), then you get bit-perfect playback.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

r010159

• Recent member
Re: Direct Mode?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »

Yes, I understand. But I hear that CoreAudio is not the most reliable part of the Mac OS. There can be clicks and pops and the drop out of music. I have not had these problems except maybe two or three  times so far.  So maybe I am looking for something that is not really there. It still would be nice if JRiver bypassed CoreAudio for this reason.  I am using the "play from memory" option.

By the way. thanks for your response!

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up