INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would like some iPhone specifics before "Plugging In".  (Read 1658 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Would like some iPhone specifics before "Plugging In".
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:46 am »

I am always hesitant to plug my iPhone into anything other than the default computer where I sync my contacts, Calendar etc.. 

I don't sync any music via iTunes. it sucks and I refuse to use it.  Up to now I am loving JRemote.  I play all my music even via data and have access to everything while driving around town. It is great and I love it.

Where there is an issue of course is when traveling outside of my data coverage area.  JRemote as far as I can tell is only Live streaming with no opportunity to download tracks to keep them locally.

I have read about and seen the option to "Sync to iPhone" but I can't find any specifics.
Some things I would like to know before I proceed.
1.  Is iTunes required or used during this process?
2.  Once I transfer a playlist to my iPhone am I then using JRemote to access and play it?  Or am I using the iPhones iTunes (if that's what it's still called?)
3.  If using the iPhone native player.  Are things like ratings, Play counts etc... sync'd back to MC when I reconnect after being out of town for a bit?
4.  I see the option to included album artwork.  Will embedded lyrics transfer as well?

btw in case it matters I would be working with an iPhone 5 with 64GB RAM  (Only 6G Free but I think there is still music on there from a different app that can be deleted).

Hmm.  I think that should be enough to get me started.  Unless I have more questions about the responses lol.

Carl.

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Would like some iPhone specifics before "Plugging In".
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:22:35 am »

Ok. So it seems that I have started by posting this in the wrong forum / thread. Hehe.  Guess I was reading, Got to "Portable" and stopped lol.
  If the powers that be want to move it to the iPad, iPhone, iPod thread it would be appreciated.

2nd after a bit more reading from what I understand the iPhone is still not supported other than some very complicated way of interacting with iTunes which I am not interested in.  If I am wrong about this please let me know.

So I have resorted to my old Stand bye of my Synology and DSAudio.  The stock playlist exports do not work but I have figured out a quick fix to make them work. 

If someone out there owns a Synology Diskstation NAS product with their music stored on it and wants some help getting the exported playlists to work for playing and more importantly downloading to your iPhone (Using DSAudio) let me know.  it's actually pretty easy to fix the exported playlists so they can work.

I of course will continue using JRemote for anywhere I have a data or wifi connection.  But Data is just too dear when traveling outside of the alotted zone(s)!

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up