INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still losing focus?  (Read 2665 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Still losing focus?
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:41:54 am »

Hi

I am still finding that the latest MC will very often lose focus. Sometimes this is because the system tray has popped up when in theatre view, but other times (often after a long pause in playback) MC just seems to not recognize my IR harmony and I have to mouse and click on the theatre view to make the IR remote work.

Are there any solid ways to solve the focus problem? Always having a keyboard at hand is a bit naff.

Cheers

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Still losing focus?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:07:28 am »

You could create a button to use the focus command.
Sean

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:21:12 am »

I see. What does it do and where is this option inside Options?

Thanks!

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 06:13:13 am »

33003 brings MC to the forefront (into focus)
options / remote control / commands / add / custom / add run
Which Harmony do you have?
Do you have any unused buttons or does it have a touch screen so you can configure soft buttons.
I have a Harmony 900
Sean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 07:25:42 am »

Make sure you have the latest.  19.0.120 is at the top of the MC19 board.

Sometimes this is because the system tray has popped up when in theatre view
That shouldn't be possible.  It may be a clue.  Check what programs are using the notification tray.  Disable what you can.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 07:29:43 am »

I used to have lots of loss of focus problems, primarily with system tray items stealing focus from theater view. I found that enabling the "use fullscreen exclusive mode for drawing" option under Theater View -->advanced options completely resolved the issue.  I don't think I've totally lost focus in theater view since checking that box several weeks ago (sometimes I have to press the green button, but that uniformly works to restore focus now).

See this thread for details: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86264.0

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 04:57:17 am »

Hi, this was a problem I encountered when I started using MC (v18) for which I came across a solution which I posted about here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75185.msg511101#msg511101

Since I changed that setting in Windows back in 2012 I have never had either of my two MC systems loose focus and it is still in place and working fine since upgrading to MC19.

I just thought I'd post this as another possible solution.

Z0001

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 06:59:01 am »

Thanks for the reminder. It seems to make sense but does not work all the time for me, plus I get the system tray popping up in theatre view. I guess this could be a startup program issue, but I really don't know what can be turned off and what is needed in the start up list. I sense some exploring ...

Z0001

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 06:00:28 am »

33003 brings MC to the forefront (into focus)
options / remote control / commands / add / custom / add run
Which Harmony do you have?
Do you have any unused buttons or does it have a touch screen so you can configure soft buttons.
I have a Harmony 900

How do I allocate a key press of my MCE remote to this command? The "button" area is greyed out. For example I have set the "E" on my harmony One to the Red MCE key, so now I want to set the Red MCE key to this command

Thanks

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 03:34:44 am »

Have you gone through the learn procedure for all of the buttons on your remote. Some of them might not be in the default set so you may have to manually add them. When I setup my remote I cleared all of the default settings and started from scratch and can't remember what all was there by default.
If the red key is not in the list click Add/Custom give it what ever name you wish, select it click Start Learning, point the remote at the IR receiver and press the button once it says learned click stop learning.
Once the Red key is in the list of commands and says Learned(somecode) in the Learned Trigger Code column you can select it and then click edit in the edit window click Add Run then enter the executable and parameters like in the previously posted pic.
If you are talking about the "Button Code" being grayed out that is normal because it is just the actual IR code ie the frequency of the IR signal
which is not editable.
Sean

Z0001

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 07:05:17 am »

Ah I see. I have not learned any codes within MC. My case has an iMon IR receiver and key mapping software, so my harmony sends a MCE button press to the IR receiver and then iMon converts it to the the keyboard shortcut for the focused application, so I'm not actually using the MC IR remote function at all.

I'm looking at trying to write an AutoHotkey script such that when I press the "E" on the harmony, harmony sends a MCE "red key" button press to iMon and iMon converts this to a hotkey, say control alt F, which if a MC window exists, forces that window to the front. But I've not managed to get it to work yet.

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 08:06:17 am »

This seems to have just started happening for me as well in the last version or two. Or at least, I have just started noticing it.

The first time Media Center goes fullscreen each time you launch the program, it displays a "Move mouse to edge of screen for controls..." message.
While this message is displayed on-screen, keyboard shortcuts work, but once it disappears Media Center stops responding to shortcuts.
If I stop playback or leave fullscreen and return, MC stays in focus.

So however this message is being dismissed, is causing MC to lose focus.

Z0001

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:00 am »

Scolex.

Awesome. This works so well. Thank you so much for sharing!
Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up