INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center won't recognize CD  (Read 2022 times)

the sobsister

Media Center won't recognize CD
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:33:30 am »

I've just started using the trial version of Media Center and have run into the following: When I try to use the program to play a CD, it doesn't recognize that there's a CD in the drive.  Further, when I go through File-->Open Media File, it recognizes that there's a disc with X many tracks, but it doesn't look up the title or track names and doesn't/can't play it (the error message is "There is nothing to play").  I've gone so far as to set Media Center as the default program to play CDs in System Preferences, but that hasn't helped.

I'm using OS 10.6.8 and Media Center 19.

Thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Media Center won't recognize CD
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:10:51 pm »

MC for the Mac doesn't yet rip, and so I'll have to admit, I haven't bothered trying to see if MC can even play the tracks on an audio CD.

Until MC Mac gets ripping capabilities, you might rip with another program (some folks recommend XLD), and then play the ripped tracks with MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

the sobsister

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:12:00 pm »

Thanks for your note.  I didn't realize that Media Center didn't have CD playing capabilities.  My assumption, based on the website text ("To rip CD's just put a CD in your drive. MC will step you through the process.)," was that, if it could rip CDs, it could also play them.  Also, based on the Wiki, I assumed it had AutoPlay, but this hasn't proven to be the case.  Is the Mac version a limited version of the Windows edition?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 11:13:29 pm »

The nascent Mac version is still gaining features; many MC features are still Windows-only.  The Windows version is quite mature, and most of the help text, release notes, Wiki, etc. are based on the Windows product.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up