INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant get audio to zone 2 on my arv. with mc19 [Solved]  (Read 1351 times)

Banks1

• Recent member
Cant get audio to zone 2 on my arv. with mc19 [Solved]
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:30:57 am »

Just hooked up zone 2 speakers to my arv. Everything is running from my computer to my arv.I was hooked up optical from computer to the arv, but had to hook up zone 2 analog to my sound card for zone 2.I tunes will play fine but mc19 I get no sound.Looked around in audio settings but don't see anything that would stop mc from playing.

Thanks for any help.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cant get audio to zone 2 on my arv. with mc19
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:04:49 am »

Have you assigned the sound card as the output device in Audio Settings? That would certainly stop it playing if you've got the wrong output device selected.

Banks1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 09:08:27 am »

Yes iTunes plays in both zones now,but cant get mc to play on computer or to zone 2.

csimon

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:20:01 am »

How many sound devices have you got?  You've mentioned optical, analog, and "on computer".  Do you have one Playing Now zone for each device?

What Playing Now zone have you selected in MC, and what is the output device assigned there? Does it use WASAPI Exclusive or are they shared with Windows?  Have you tried closing down iTunes first in case it takes over the sound devices?

Please give some more information about what settings you have got.  We cannot diagnose problems from a question like "It doesn't work".

Banks1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 09:23:29 am »

Im checking now and will get back with you .Thanks for your help.

Banks1

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 09:32:00 am »

Got it.It  was a sound card setting on my computer.Thanks for the help.By the way I love mc19,best program I have used for audio.Its controlling my H.T. and  zone 2 on my patio.I use jremote on my ipad to control it all.Keep up the good work.

csimon

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 09:36:27 am »

Good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up