INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video card for MadVR choice  (Read 4330 times)

LUCA T

Video card for MadVR choice
« on: March 11, 2014, 09:22:13 am »

Hello,

I'm building an Htpc with the main purpose of BD player so Mainly video source 1080p, based on JRiver+MadVR that I would like to set with maximum settings

At beginning I was on a kaveri 7850K for the good integrated GPU but probably it would be power-short as well

So if I have to put a video-card I thought to switch on Intel as CPU, the point now is which video card to choose?

Which would you suggest?

An AMD-270X would be enough?

I saw even the NvidiA 760-mini, but I wasn't sure due to the better OpenCl performance of Amd (is it important for madvr?)

Thanks a lot guys

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »

If you are mainly playing bluray at 1080p24 then a 270X should be fine for the latest features added to madvr (not in jriver yet though) but if you want up scale to 4k or scale content to 1080p60 then it might struggle with some of the latest features (I.e. nedi3 doubling & scaling - note my spelling is wrong), but it has profiles so you can use different profiles for video that needs deinterlacing and things that need to be scaled to 1080p60 etc... Personally 270X is what I went for.

AMD has faster direct compute, while NVidia has faster interoperability between openCL & D3D9 but has a bug in its latest drivers that cause a green screen on some settings (can't remember which) so pick your poison.

LUCA T

Re: Video card for MadVR choice
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »

Thank you for your reply!

Mainly for BD playing would be ok a 270x?

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 10:15:49 pm »

Should be fine if you are outputting it to a 1080p screen. Mine works fine for everything using Jinc 3. I haven't tried the latest direct compute and open CL features that have been add to madVR and probably won't try them until the version of madVR in MC is updated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up