INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: option to download MJ 14 Cover Art from internet  (Read 3418 times)

timmyleeturner

• Recent member
option to download MJ 14 Cover Art from internet
« on: March 12, 2014, 12:34:00 pm »

It clearly stated in the description that Jukebox 14 had this ability and it doesn't.  I've worked on this program and adjusting it to my computer all day to discover this and am very disappointed. I still have a copy of version 12, which will not work on Windows 8.1, but I do not want this program without the ability to update cover art from the Internet.  I'll look for another program.  I've use JRiver for years, but not including something that has always been there breaks this loyalty.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: option to download MJ 14 Cover Art from internet
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:11:31 pm »

I think you're being a little harsh here.

External sites change their terms, policies, and APIs, and existing software will fail.

JRiver has not put resources into the FREE MJ for a long time now.  Its time to move on and consider paying for software you've been so loyal to use.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

timmyleeturner

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »

If I had found any information advising me that this option would no longer work, I would never had even downloaded it.  It's a basic function for a desktop media player. I pay for a lot of software that I like, I no longer like this. Didn't care for a few other changes I noticed in the new UI.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:11:05 pm »

Probably the statement:

Automatic CD, Album art and Track look-up

from the description page was primarily for MJ12.  I'd agree that album art look-up reference should probably be removed.

You should try MC19 (free 30 day trial).  So much has improved since MC/MJ14.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up