INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can "Playing Now" automatically switch to playing Zone?  (Read 1284 times)

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
Can "Playing Now" automatically switch to playing Zone?
« on: March 18, 2014, 08:18:55 pm »

I'll admit to not knowing yet my way around MC's complex UI. I've set a 2-View Split/Row audio view. Bottom row is locked to Playing Now. If I don't enable Options/Startup/Mode: Last Exit View that bottom row isn't really locked and changes at every startup. Never understood how that works.

Anyway, that's not the question. Can the bottom Playing Now window switch automatically to the actually playing Zone (I have 4 Zones)? I find myself often playing a file but no current Playing Now at the bottom. The ZoneSwitch feature seems to help sometimes, but wanted to know if there's another way for it. Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Can "Playing Now" automatically switch to playing Zone?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:58:16 pm »

Zones are independent, and each Zone has its own Playing Now playlist.  And one or more zones can be playing at the same time.  So what you're asking for wouldn't work practically.

You might considering locking your primary zone (if that makes sense for your usage) to the bottom split, and in the top, use Tabs for control and viewing of other zones.  Just remember, the last zone "touched" in the UI is now the target zone for default actions.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:26:24 am »

It would be nice to have an option in "General > Behavior > Jump on play" for Media Center to switch to the correct tab, if the zone is already open in one, rather than it replace the current tab.

I use the split view as well, and one half is all my zones, the other half is all my library.

audioriver

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:06:46 am »

Zones are independent, and each Zone has its own Playing Now playlist.  And one or more zones can be playing at the same time.  So what you're asking for wouldn't work practically.

You might considering locking your primary zone (if that makes sense for your usage) to the bottom split, and in the top, use Tabs for control and viewing of other zones.  Just remember, the last zone "touched" in the UI is now the target zone for default actions.

Thanks, Tabs work quite good for what I want.
Windows 10 Pro x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up