INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Particles - full dvd rips  (Read 2218 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Particles - full dvd rips
« on: March 22, 2014, 05:31:25 pm »

Hey

I do full 'folder' rips (video_ts and bdmv) for films and tv shows. Would it be possible to use particles for the tv shows to separate out the actual episodes. Obviously at the moment ill have multiple episodes per disc with the full disc structure (menu etc.).

Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Particles - full dvd rips
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 05:52:32 pm »

Yup - you certainly can (I have hundreds of these).  More here - http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles .  Using a BD as and example, I find the workflow is:
- rip & import you BD
- Tag it up so with Media Sub Type = "TV Show", Series, even Season (if the disk only contains eps from 1 season).
- Right Click --> Stacks --> Advanced --> Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles

You should now have a bunch, and Typically (but not always) the EPS will be in the correct order but you need to pick them out based on the correct duration (you get a bunch of little 10 sec ones etc), so:
- Tag your particles with Episode
- Right Click --> Get Movie & TV Information (as it will populate the rest of the Meta Data)
- Delete all the little ones that are created

Enjoy!

As an example, If find it is "quicker" if
JRiver CEO Elect

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »

Thanks, that seems to work. Certainly with a blu; haven't tried a DVD.

But, is it possible to:

a) get Theater View to use the DVD/Blu cover art at the Series level. I.e. use Folder.jpg in the folder the same way as it does for a movie
b) get Theater View to hide non-particles. Right now I can see all the episodes fine, but I can also see the full disc rips in the list

Thanks

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:54:05 pm »

Anyone?

By series level, I mean as in the screen shot. This should ideally show the Folder.jpg file in the actual folder.

Is there a 'Series Coverart' field?

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:40 pm »

On the only show particles subject, can this be added as an option to the 'Limit database to' modifier.

Make an option in the drop down, say 'Particles'.

?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:36:12 am »

Sorry - I should have also added that for each TV Series I also do a Right Click on the first video then --> Coverart --> Get from Internet and it lets you add an overall cover art for the Series.
JRiver CEO Elect

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 08:29:34 am »

Thanks. What I've done is make the full disc imports (so the folders that actually have folder.jpg) Episode 0 so they're all at the front, which achieves the same thing as giving the first video the cover art you want.

No ideas on hiding/excluding non-particles from Theater View? This is the only thing left preventing me from marking my setup as perfect (well, expect for blu-ray menus!) :)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 01:16:59 pm »

Err, what's happened to my particles? I can see the red and blue squares indicating something has particles, but I can't expand them. Just does nothing.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 01:22:07 pm »

FFS! Just had to unstack them all.

What a waste of 4 hours last night.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 03:03:32 pm »

Sorry - what happened?

Also I either just "delete" the original BD from the library or remove the Season/Eps so it sorts to the bottom of the list.
JRiver CEO Elect

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 04:04:01 am »

Basically, I couldn't see the particles in either Standard or Theater View, even though it was showing me the stack icons. Basically expand/collapse stack did nothing.

I had to clear stacks, and re-do auto create BD/DVD particles. For some reason (not as bad as first thought) it only fully affected 2 shows and 1 season of another show. Hope it doesn't happen again.

I did think about trying to delete the original import from the library, but I thought it would then kill the stack with it? Guess not if that's what you do.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 06:29:12 am »

Ahhh - I've just tested with collapsing and un-collapsing the particle stacks by clicking on the stack icon and I see what you mean.  If you delete the main one I don't know if you will get them back if you collapse them (as you need the main one to un-collapse them).  I'd recommend you do a library back up first and test!  Otherwise, if you just remove the any Season/Episode info they just go to the end of the list (which is what I've been doing more recently)
JRiver CEO Elect

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 07:22:51 am »

Ah OK. At least it's not a 'problem' then  :)

Maybe my idea in reply #4 can be considered then for a future release, if it's technically possible.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 02:52:45 pm »

I've found a way to get Theater View to hide non particles, by telling it to only show files that have an episode number. The full disc rips do not have this so they don't show.

But this then brings in the 'problem' of showing the first video's thumbnail at the series selection, instead of Folder.jpg. There must be a way to set Series-level cover art, without making the first video file have that cover art, because if you do that, when you go into the series the first video file has Folder.jpg, but the rest have the thumbnail, which looks naff, to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up