INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Columns Reset on Every Start-up  (Read 3017 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Columns Reset on Every Start-up
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:48:31 pm »

MC World,

Is there a way to keep the playlist column widths from re-setting on every start up?  Does this happen because I am connecting to non-local library?

Thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Re: Columns Reset on Every Start-up
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:04:58 pm »

Disable: Tools → Options → Tree & View → List: Auto size columns

However I don't know if this will work when you are connecting to a non-local library.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:11:33 pm »

Column widths, like all other aspects of the configuration of Library Views, is controller by the Server.

Any modifications you make from a client are thrown away when you reconnect.

You have to set them appropriately on the Server-side.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pcstockton

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:27:18 pm »

Thanks 62 and Glynor.

I have them set exactly as I like on the Server.  But they always show up differently on my Mac.  It defaults to a very narrow view.  Perhaps this is due to different screen resolutions?

Thanks again!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:26:56 pm »

OK, I just did a bunch of testing.

All auto-column settings are off on both server and client.  (does it matter that may Server runs on a PC?)

Nothing I do regarding widths of columns on the Server changes anything on the Client (Mac).  If I change the order or add a column, that changes on the Client.  But not width.

Thanks again for the help!
Patrick

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 06:06:01 pm »

Mine seem to match roughly.  I haven't measured them or anything, but proportionally they look the same on my Mac as my Windows server.

Just to make sure you'd be able to see it:

1. When you make the change on the Server, you may have to "leave" the View you modify, in order to have the changes accept.
2. You should have the Client copy CLOSED at this time (they use whatever Library settings they get at launch - I'm not sure how the sync handles this, so it might not update until you relaunch).
3. You can modify anything from the client (just like a local copy, pretty much), but all changes that aren't Tagging or Playlist related are lost when you quit/reopen the client.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:10:30 pm »

I just tested it thoroughly, and yes, it works exactly as I described.  I tested by wildly exaggerating a couple of my columns (made [Name] huge, and [Artist] very tiny).  The client on OSX, when relaunched, showed the View exactly as expected. Except...

1. When you make the change on the Server, you may have to "leave" the View you modify, in order to have the changes accept.

This was not necessary, at least for my View.  If yours is Locked (which you can do in the View's Settings), then you might need to do that to get it to prompt you to save changes.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 06:43:35 pm »

Are you using Retina mode on the Mac client, and non-retina on the server? I bet the values aren't being scaled.

pcstockton

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 07:26:10 pm »

We have a winner!

In retina mode everything is squished.  In "Normal" 100% view it roughly approximates the Server.

But in this mode the "rows" in the playlist are twice as tall??  Not many items fit on the screen.

Thanks a bunch you two for the help.

Glynor, are you not using retina mode?

Cheers!
patrick
Pages: [1]   Go Up