INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot save web radio station  (Read 2983 times)

kgturner

Cannot save web radio station
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:02:06 pm »

I'm trying to save WWOZ to my playlists. In MC19, I go to File > Open URL. I paste http://www.wwoz.org/listen/player into the field and it opens and plays fine in Google Chrome. However, I cannot figure out how to save this to a playlist.

I looked in the FAQ and found this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=12451

But, when I try to do this step:

"When it is playing, go to Playing Now in MC and right click on the station.  Add it to a playlist by using Playlist/Create Select."

I get hung up. When I got back to MC and click Playing Now, there is no station to right click. Playing Now just shows Player and the last song that was played from my media library of songs. There is no radio station to right click. Maybe I'm just dense. Can somebody walk me through adding this radio station? Thanks for any help.

Kevin T

kgturner

Re: Cannot save web radio station
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:14:53 pm »

Here is a side by side screen shot of MC19 while WWOZ is playing. When I right click on playing now it just gives me the option of adding or deleting a zone. As you can see, no station is listed. Lemme know if I need to take a different screen shot for help.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:04 am »

I wish I could help, but I don't know the answer. I have tried this several times myself and sometimes been successful, but the method is contorted, difficult to remember, and poorly documented. This is an area that badly needs GUI work and also work on some decent documentation. One of the spongy areas of MC in my opinion.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:46:19 am »

That thread is ancient.

Try this URL:

http://wwoz-sc.streamguys.com/wwoz-hi.mp3.m3u
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kgturner

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »

Thanks. I'll try to use that link this evening and report back.

Kevin T

MrC

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 03:06:35 pm »

You're welcome.

When you File > Open URL, enter the URL, and select the Show web media options... checkbox, and when the dialog opens, also select Add stream to web media.  This will place the URL into Audio > Connected Media > My Connected Media.

You can also drag the Playing Now URL into a playlist, or right-click > Send To > Playlist.

Note that these streaming URLs are just entries in the main database, with Media Type=Audio, and can be shown in a view.  Ask if you want more details.

kgturner

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 05:07:48 pm »

That new link worked fine. I was able to add the station to my playlist so now I can control it via the MC interface as well as my JRemote app. I guess it was a problem with the radio station link I was trying to use. Thanks again, MrC!

Kevin T

MrC

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 05:16:56 pm »

For your future reference, many of these streaming radio sites have/use Flash interfaces, and these are troublesome.  So, your best bet is to look for the Other Ways to Stream/Listen links on the site.  These typically provide direct links you can copy or use.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 04:43:57 pm »

I too am having this problem.  When I go to playing now (and it is playing in MC)  there is no link and non in Audio My connected media.
Where can I find this while it is playing so I can drag to a playlist.
I am trying to add
http://player.radio.com/listen/station/1003-jack-fm
I add to URL and it plays, but not showing in playing now.
It appears that it is not a URL that can be added, where do I find a good url will it be on their site somewhere?

Arindelle

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 04:29:02 am »

I too am having this problem.  When I go to playing now (and it is playing in MC)  there is no link and non in Audio My connected media.
Where can I find this while it is playing so I can drag to a playlist.
I am trying to add
http://player.radio.com/listen/station/1003-jack-fm
I add to URL and it plays, but not showing in playing now.
It appears that it is not a URL that can be added, where do I find a good url will it be on their site somewhere?

I couldn't find one that wasn't either flash or more often javascript. You can get it to open in connected media but have to use their API.
Pages: [1]   Go Up