INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature req/fix: Disable delete key in Display View  (Read 959 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature req/fix: Disable delete key in Display View
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:51:43 pm »

I have MC set up to jump to Display View when a video file id played from Standard View. On my wireless keyboard, the DELETE key is right next to the left arrow.
Occasionally I hit the DELETE key instead of the left arrow. This results in MC drilling under display view to standard view and offering to delete whichever files were selected in Standard View, which I cannot even see. When this interrupts playback, you can imagine that it's fairly easy to delete files from your library inadvertently. I'd like to suggest that very few, if any, people would like to blindly delete files while playing something in full screen display view.

Could we have this implemented, somehow so that presses of the delete key are ignored when in display view? I could possibly see the utility of how it is now if one has a detached display, not fullscreen. But otherwise I think it's rather dangerous.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature req/fix: Disable delete key in Display View
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 04:27:06 am »

I would definitely agree with this. I have had a couple of instances when my son has deleted content from the library inadvertently because he is using a keyboard. The other clients in the house are using remote controls so it is not an issue.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature req/fix: Disable delete key in Display View
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:24:03 am »

I'd say remove Delete from Theater View as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up