INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug-in confusion  (Read 521 times)

cepler

Plug-in confusion
« on: February 16, 2002, 02:10:50 pm »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the actual revision of the software used for plug-ins in the description or version fields somewhere.  It's hard to tell what libvorbis you're using to encode an OGG file or which xyz DLL is being used for xyz plugin etc.  Is it me or do the plug-ins seem a little well, weird.

I launched MJ 8 the other night and it says there is a new Monkey's Audio plug-in available, I tell it to download it, it downloads then nothing, I relaunch MJ and check for new versions and the same plug-in is available.  Odd.

Whats the scoop on MJ7 vs MJ8 plug-ins?  Are they compatible?  Will things blow up if I use a MJ7 plug-in with MJ8?

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Plug-in confusion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 02:19:52 pm »

They won't blow anything up, just some of them won't work. Of the ones that are specifically for V7 and not V8, a V8 version of the plugin is available. So far, there is no MPC (MP|PLS|) encoder but you can still play the ones you have. Some have had success using MPC as an external encoder. I never did. I use APE. It's fast and sounds great (lossless) but the file sizes are pretty big.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up