INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem when playing a playlist on a DENON CEOL (the first track loops)  (Read 1611 times)

sspeed

• Recent member

Hi,

First, I'm french so I hope that you will understand my english and my problem. I read similar topics but I didn't find the answer.
I have mp3s in a Diskstation, a Denon CEOL N8 network audio player, and JRiver MC. I only checked "use media network... and enable DLNA" in the "Media Network options", with a Generic DLNA Server. CEOL appears is the players list.
When I select several tracks, eg. for playing an album or a playlist, to CEOL, the first one is well played (even if sometimes, if the track is too long, the playing can stop) but is repeated again and again. Of course the "repeat" option is off.
Note that this problem only occurs while playing on CEOL, and not on the default player (PC). When I link CEOL with the default player, CEOL loops after the first track while Player move to the next one!

Thanks for helping me.

JRFan

• Recent member

Hi sspeed,
First make sure you have the latest firmware installed.
I have been working with a CEOL to use as a outdoor wireless DNLA render.
I have been using FLAC and have observed some of the same issues (even with the latest firmware).

It sounds like you are selecting music to play using JR and linking (playing to) the CEOL.
If you do this I find that the music just stops after some seemingly random period of time.
I have found that if you instead use the CEOL menus, find the JR server, find the Playlist and play it works very well.
This of course means you loose much of the music selection abilities provided by JR.
I hoped to use a tablet running JR to control the server.

I have not had the time to see if a JR debug log file would shed some light on the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up