INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchase question  (Read 1950 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Purchase question
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

I am running MJ8.400 on Windows 8.1 (License available) and purchased in the neanderthal age) and also have purchased a license for the Linux MC19. I have downloaded  the MC19 trial to Windows 8.1 (I have a dual boot.)

Question: My discount on the purchase of MC19 for Windows is ?? :) I believe I need this to help clean up and organize my files while awaiting the completed Linux version of MC19.

Thanks,
tlcmd

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Purchase question
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 12:34:10 am »

I think you'll find there's no discount for purchasing a licence for a different platform ..  :'(

This question comes up now and again. You can check other threads for the back story. From memory, the explanation runs along the lines of significant additional effort/cost to port the application to another OS.

You may qualify for an upgrade discount for the next version of Windows MC but I don't know how far off that is.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 12:43:35 am »

I am running MJ8.400 on Windows 8.1 (License available) and purchased in the neanderthal age) and also have purchased a license for the Linux MC19. I have downloaded  the MC19 trial to Windows 8.1 (I have a dual boot.)

As astromo pointed out, the Linux license isn't relevant, because MC is licensed separately for separate platforms.  However...

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC19

Thanks for considering an upgrade. You can upgrade for $26.98 from any version of Media Center all the way back to MC10, or from Media Jukebox 8.

So, you qualify for the upgrade pricing because you own MJ8.

1. Make sure MJ8 is installed, licensed, and working on a machine.
2. Install MC19's trial on that machine.
3. Purchase MC through that copy, and you'll get the upgrade pricing.

It only works if you buy it from a computer that has the older version installed, licensed, and working.  You can uninstall either version afterwards, and use the licenses on whatever machine(s) you have that you want, but the purchase has to be done on a build that has both installed.

If you don't want to do it this way, you can (I believe) use this page:
http://jriver.com/purchase_19_as_upgrade.html

But make sure you've tried the version you're going to buy and that you're sure, as there are no refunds or exchanges.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

alphaphoenix

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:27:29 pm »

As usual, I'm late to the JRiver party.  As a long time Winamp user/license owner, I've decided to put her to rest.  I found a $10 discount code "goodbyewinamp", but it appears it doesn't register when trying to purchase the JRiver MC license.

misthunter

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 07:12:19 pm »

Me too.. missed the boat on the 2 discount codes.. :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up