INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with speakers!  (Read 1186 times)

Issue with speakers!
« on: February 16, 2002, 12:25:01 am »

Hi,

I got version 7.2.280.
My concern regards my back speakers (SB Live Platinum 4.1) from which I got no sound. Everything is working fine with other players and with windows in general. Then I cannot find out wht's wrong. I looked wihtin the options but I did not find anything concerning speakers.

Thanks for your help.

RE:Issue with speakers!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 01:07:25 am »

I'd like to add the following stuff:

- WinXP Pro (full patched): configured with 4.1 speakers in the audio properties
- SB Live Platinum patched with last WinXP driver
- others players installed: WMP & MusicMatch (they both work fine with the 4 speakers

IQ10

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2002, 06:06:35 am »

884125, The way to look at this problem, is from the two ends of the 'sound tunnel'.
From the MJ end, look at the choices in the drop down menu in Settings>Options>Next Pagelayback>Output>Device.
From the Sound Card Driver end, look at Control Panel>Sounds>etc. For your first attempt, change the current settings, and if necessary reboot.
It maybe that MJ does a poorer job of automatically and dynamically detecting, setting and maintaining compatibility with your SB Live 4 speaker mode drive settings than WMP & MusicMatch.

These problems would be easier to detect and improve, if source code were available. It is not unreasonable to find beta testing conducted in the spirit of shared source code.  Often the quid pro quo for the voluntary effort to find, document, and help others correct bugs in software, is the education and sense of partnership provided by shared source code.

http://jreceiver.sourceforge.net/

[former member]
Note to JimH:  If you are going to change any of this post, then delete all of it, in which case I will not post to Interact (sic) again.

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2002, 04:01:07 pm »

Alonso notes brick wall pattern embossed on [former member]'s forehead.  Suspects it's permanent by now.  Wonders how many more times before IQ's 100 is downgraded to 99.

884125: Drivers, are they current?  Playing files or CD's?  Try fiddling the playback device settings.

-Nef

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2002, 05:53:55 pm »

>These problems would be easier to detect and improve, if source code were available.

That's silly, too.  It's far easier to ask a question here than it is to fight through reams and reams of source code.

Silly.

Scronch

IQ10

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2002, 06:45:10 pm »

Scronch

Any reading of this forum make very clear that nothing is easy to detect and improve through posting efforts on Interact.  From Buy Button crashes, to license restores, to visualization anomalies, to speed of mass edits, and speed of burns.  That is not to criticize these efforts, but to document that only the fearful and/or 'loyal' can fail to recognize there are at least some holes in the process of clothing the emperor. Education, documenting, and sharing the software writing process is far from silly.

Silly putty is like manure. If you spread it around it does a lot of good, but if you pile it up in one place it stinks like hell. -Clint Murchison

[former member]

Scronch

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2002, 07:15:16 pm »

Then don't use the software.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2002, 07:39:58 pm »

Going...