INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art for Picture Albums  (Read 1717 times)

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover Art for Picture Albums
« on: May 08, 2014, 06:24:52 pm »

Currently i have lots of picture albums that appear as changing thumbnails. Since I have a cover for each album, I would like to use that statically instead of the changing thumbnails.
Is this possible?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Cover Art for Picture Albums
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 06:30:27 pm »

You have the ability to disable the rotating stack artwork I believe, but there's no way to customize a group thumbnail (Media Type == Video does support Series and Season artwork, and Audio types support Artist thumbnails).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:08:26 pm »

I found a workaround for my problem. Changing the SubMediaType to TV-Show (keeping the MediaType as Picture) and filling the Series-Tag with anything seems to force MC to display only the first picture. I added a IsCover tag that is 1 if an image is a cover. Sorting the albums according to IsCover(z-a) always puts the cover on the first place, thus displaying it as cover picture.
It is not necessary to create a view that categorize the pictures by the Series-Tag , the default Album view works fine.
However this workaround works only if all elements in a category have the same series tag. So if you want to use a statict cover for every album, than the series tag should not change inside any album.

I hope we will have native support for covers for arbitrary fields in MC20, as this solution introduces additional work for the user.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:44:25 am »

I hope we will have native support for covers for arbitrary fields in MC20, as this solution introduces additional work for the user.

Plesae support my request!  Nbr 9 here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90662.msg622897#msg622897
Pages: [1]   Go Up