INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UpnP-server in Naim n-stream server list  (Read 5327 times)

Arent

UpnP-server in Naim n-stream server list
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:35:24 am »

Hi,

I'm evaluating Mediacenter 19 as a replacement for Twonky. Overall I'm very impressed with Mediacenter's capabilities. There's one thing though that I can't get working though. I use a Naim Unitiqute as renderer & play back device. I also use Naim's n-stream IOS app to control the Unitiqute. Mediacenter's upnp server is invisible
in n-stream's server list when upnp-compatibility mode is turned off. Only when this mode is turned on the upnp server is visible. This is a severe handicap since browsing in n-stream is much slower when upnp-compatibility is turned on & I am not able to write to playlistst on the Naim.
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? 
Thx!

rkonings

Re: UpnP-server in Naim n-stream server list
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:26:50 am »

I have been using a ND5XS player for allmost 2 years now and I keep having problems with the n-stream app. Ass you mentioned the connection is often lost. I was using a Iomega NAS with twonkey installed (on the NAS). I also tried Twonkey and JRiver mediacenter on my mac.
JRiver is the most stable one but also looses the connection. All solutions have positive and negative points. The best option for me is to work with mediacenter and n-stream. Although my files are on the NAS I always have turn my MAC to start JRiver mediacenter.

I am very sure the issues are not network related (I am a IT-Pro). I keep having discussions with Naim about the N-stream APP. I am pretty sure the problems are related to the APP. Try to clear your cache, delete the app and it will probably work better.
If you find a solution please let me know.

rkonings

Re: UpnP-server in Naim n-stream server list
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 04:31:55 am »

after writing this message I noticed that Naim just released an update for the N-Stream app :D
I am going to test it now with Ipad IOS8....
Pages: [1]   Go Up