INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we get a simple, visually appealing, accurate, Spectrogram/Oscilloscope?  (Read 7236 times)

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.

i outgrew the milkdrop stuff long ago. now I want useful visualizations.  a spectrogram, loudness meter, oscilloscope...foobar had great ones.

is this possible?  that is my only complaint now. love jriver

Ninouchka

• World Citizen

You can use vst plugins in MC.
I use some freeware ones like these

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2011/06/24/bpb-freeware-studio-best-free-spectrum-analyzer-vst-plugins/

Maybe it is something to check out.

theoctavist

• World Citizen

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee381/dilaton/foobar_2.jpg

Indeed, I use SPAN and others from within the DSP window.

but, as a recording engineer(and mix), I am in desperate need of a Spectrogram/Correlation Meter/Loudness Meter that functions the same way MILKDROP does. I want it to access it from the Visualizations/Display View screen...  this is a very basic function that I believe *all* serious audio players should have. professionals need this feature. 

like THIS for example. this is nearly identical to my .cfg in foobar.                                                                                                                                                                                  

• Citizen of the Universe

Have you tried using the Visualization Studio?

Right-click the "cover art" area and select a visualization. You will then be able to select the visualization studio if you right-click again.

theoctavist

• World Citizen

Have you tried using the Visualization Studio?

Right-click the "cover art" area and select a visualization. You will then be able to select the visualization studio if you right-click again.

I have not! will now! thank you!

theoctavist

• World Citizen

is there a tutorial on creating things in visualization studio?  I have some very clear ideas about what I want from the spectrogram, etc.  just gotta figure out to make it

Daan Verhaar

• Recent member

I would like to know as well, I found a great spectrum analyzer VST I wan't to use but am struggling to get it into Vis Studio

adamt

• Galactic Citizen

You can add VST plugins by going to the DSP manager and clicking manage plugins.  From there, select "Add JRiver, VST, or Winamp plugin". 
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Daan Verhaar

• Recent member

You can add VST plugins by going to the DSP manager and clicking manage plugins.  From there, select "Add JRiver, VST, or Winamp plugin". 
So I did, but it then pops-up in the middle of my screen, on top of MC.I would like to have it appearing in the ' Display' box.
I expect this must be done within Vis Studio, but I can't figure out how.

contium

• World Citizen

I have wanted some like this forever. I would really like something like the Pinguin Audio Meter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up