INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convolution isn't working (using REW filters) [solved]  (Read 2130 times)

pyrocyborg

• Recent member
Convolution isn't working (using REW filters) [solved]
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:18:01 pm »

Hi!

I've ran few measurements on my full-range speakers in the 20-200 hz frequency to adjust bass peaks (way too much bass in my crappy room) with parametric EQ or Digital room correction.

After making the filters and saving them, I tried to load them in MC19, to no avail. If I load the REW filter file set (.req), the convolution engine status says "not valid"; if I load a .txt file with the filters in it, all it does is reducing the volume by let's say, 6 or 9 dB without changing anything in terms of EQ.

I do not understand why my filters do not work while using the convolution engine but works when I manually enter every single filter using Parametric EQ. Am I doing something wrong by "saving the filters" on REW using File/save filters?

Thanks a lot!

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Convolution isn't working (using REW filters)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:20:29 pm »

Convolution works in JRMC19 as I was trying out AudioLense and Dirac (non-convolution filters).

"Not Valid" - if getting this after browsing to you file, try playing a song.   You will get the Not Valid if nothing is in your playlist.  Not Valid after playing a song, is a true error the filter is invalid.   There is also a check box if you have MULTIPLE filters and you want JR to switch filter based on rate.

Convolution filters will reduce 6-8dB, so if you heard the reduction in sound level, it was probably working.  And in the window below where you choose the filter you should see activity in this window.  I remember seeing real time processing at 12.3 or 11.2 or some number like that which was constantly changing.

And depending on how much was corrected, you may not notice it.

pyrocyborg

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »

Thanks for your answer.

Well, I'm almost sure it doesn't work as when I manually enter frequency, gain and Q, it does sound better than with the convolution filter on, as if the convolution engine wasn't doing much with my filters... might be something wrong with my way to save filters with REW.

pyrocyborg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 08:26:10 pm »

Well, I messed my things up, indeed. I wasn't exporting the right thing for convolution, so it couldn't process it. Seems to be working now  :) I see a normal preocessing speed (x25-26, instead of x600).

At last, I can get that tight bass feeling at normal listening volume.
Pages: [1]   Go Up