INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track numbers mixed up under "Artist", but OK under "Album"  (Read 2281 times)

Smith13

• Recent member

Hi there,

To upgrade my music computer, I decided to switch to Windows Server OS 2012 R2. The sound is so much better than in Win 8.1 on my PC. Maybe the big improvement is a sign to me, that I need to upgrade my PC?  Anyhow the difference is substantial, with much better resolution and smooth lows.

2012 R2 are not able to connect to LAN on my motherboard, so I use a dual boot up, to manage ripping and files in 8.1 and then copy the library files to 21012 afterwards.
Works fine.

2012 R2 are not able to play WMA files, so I decided to go the long way and manually converted all my WMA files to WAV in the JRiver file converter, album after album.  This way I was cleaning up my library for doubles and hopefully making sure the meta data was not messed up.

After converting a lot of albums from WMA to WAV, some albums are displayed with tracks mixed numerical order under Artists (Standard GUI, not Theater view)
When an album is selected the tracks shows in correct numerical order.

Example, Standard GUI, not Theater view:

Select Artists in the left upper corner, click Files on the album, next to Play on an album of a certain artist. In this album overview some track numbers is mixed up like:

If I then click on a selected album, and sees only the specific album, the tracks are listed correct.

OK and fine, but why is the tracks mixed up in the over view?

Can some of you guys help me out here?

Thanks,
Brian
Denmark

JRiver is the best player ever, thanks.  :)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Track numbers mixed up under "Artist", but OK under "Album"
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 01:47:09 pm »

Hi Brian,

Check the Disc # tag for those files.  If this is a single disc album, clear the Disc # tag.  If multi-disc, set Disc # appropriate to the disc number from the disc set.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Smith13

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:22:38 am »

Dear MrC,

Thanks for your advice. I tried to do as described in tags under Disc#, but still the same. All Disc tags were empty.

Its only now after file converting this problem a cures, and only on a part of the converted albums.

File location looks fine, ending on    bla bla bla \02 song 2.wav
                                                               \01 song 1.wav
                                                               \03 song 3.wav

I don't get how the PC can list in non numerical order? Albums were converted and replaced under albums. Can this create an alternative file location tag, only valid under albums?

Thanks,
B

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 10:54:49 am »

Ok, you've ruled out one common cause.

The file names should not matter.  If you still have a problematic album, please do the following:

Select the files in question, and use File > Export Playlist.  Select:

Format: Text File (CSV delimited)
   Included Fields: All Fields
   Output Range: Selection

Save it to the Desktop, zip it, and attach it in a reply here. 
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Smith13

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:26:34 am »

MrC,

OK, here it comes...

I'm looking forward to hear about your findings.  :)

Thanks.

Best regards,
Brian

connersw

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:27:45 am »

Tracks 1 & 5 of Album "One Day You'll Dance for Me, New York City" have a different directory than the rest of the album.  Right click on those files and use Library Tools -> Rename, Move & Copy Files to move them to directory G:\Music\Thomas Dybdahl\One Day You'll Dance for Me, New York City so they are with the rest of the Tracks.

While you're at it you, may want to use the same feature to rename the rest of the tracks so that they don't end in (2).wav.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up