INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD to PCM conversion  (Read 2583 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
DSD to PCM conversion
« on: June 27, 2014, 05:21:06 am »

I am trying to convert my SACD ISOs to PCM so that I can play them through my Squeezeboxes. I am currently ending up with 352.8kHz files.
I think I have looked everywhere, but I have failed to find the place where to set the conversion parameters (bitrate, lowpass cutoff). Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks a lot
Rudi

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD to PCM conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:42:50 am »

From the top of my head ...

Once you chose your tracks to convert, in the lower lefthand corner there's the action window with convert. Click Options (or settings?) and there youl'l see DSP. Open DSP and you can set sampling frequency, bitrate and other options.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:48:46 am »

The filter is selected via: Tools → Options → Audio → Advanced → Configure input plug-in… → DSD input plug-in…
When converting files, click the Options button, and then select Apply DSP
Select the sample rate you want DSD to be converted to in the Output Format section.
Bitdepth is also selected via the conversion options window.

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 09:24:21 am »

I am a bit new here, but converting to PCM, does not (should not) alter the bit rate.
If your DAC can not play back 352KHz, then use DSP to convert all above 192KHz to 172KHz or something that your DAC is capable of playing.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 02:43:28 pm »

the conversion to PCM must alter the bit depth, as DSD is bit depth 1 ;)

24 bit / 352KHz is the default for DXD format, which is the most common DSD/PCM transcode.  IIRC the squeezebox will do 24/96 just fine, which will do ample justice to your SACD

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 04:33:49 pm »

I stand corrected - silly me - of course!
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 06:32:07 am »

I got it working, thanks a lot. I have now converted around 300 SACD ISOs to PCM and I have noticed the following
- covers which are stored alongside the SACD ISO as folder.jpg do not get across to the converted file
- after around 100 SACD ISOs MC19 crashed. This happened several times
If the cover issue resolved, I am a happy camper for the time being.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 05:14:08 am »

I am coming back to my request in my previous post:
When converting DSD ISOs to FLAC, the cover art (in the JRiver library or/and the folder.jpg in the directory where the ISO resides) does not get added in the tags of the converted FLACs.
Would it be possible to add this feature and during the conversion process also copy the folder.jpg to the location where the FLACs are stored?
Thanks a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up