INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What (or which) playlist am I listening to?  (Read 721 times)

Mysticeti

What (or which) playlist am I listening to?
« on: February 12, 2002, 11:03:31 am »

Is there an easy what to tell which playlist is currently being played?  I search for topics with the word playlist in them and didn't find any answers so either I'm missing something obvious or this hasn't come up before.

It would be nice if somewhere (e.g. down in the status bar along with the total # of files, duration, and total size bytes) MJ told you what playlist/smartlist was cued up.

Cheers!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:What (or which) playlist am I listening to?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 11:19:30 am »

That's easy. You're listening to Playing Now. Always.

Think of it this way. Let's say you have 3 playlists. I'll call them A, B, and C.

No forget that, that's too mundane. I'll call them Blue, Fiver, and Aqua Fresh.

Let's say you queue up Blue. So obviously you're listening to Blue. But then you decide that you also want to add another song to it. So you also queue up that song to play as well. Well, now you're not really listening to Blue, are you? You're listening to Blue plus some other song. The same would hold true if you decided you didn't want to hear a certain song that was in Blue. It's no longer Blue.

But it's always Playing Now. Playlists are just a way to quickly add songs to Playing Now.

And yes, I'm wondering what happened to Fiver and Aqua Fresh, myself...

leonidas

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 11:27:58 am »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I search for topics with the word playlist in them

See, you guys, I told you if you kept the search feature someone would eventually use it

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It would be nice if somewhere (e.g. down in the status bar along with the total # of files, duration, and total size bytes) MJ told you what playlist/smartlist was cued up.

I like that idea. Mysticeti--could you add that to the "wish list"

Doof--as always . . . . . Next Page

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2002, 11:45:09 am »

But yeah, this is something I thought would be extremely handy in Full Screen mode using a Remote Control to jump to the next/previous playlists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up