INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: At what point or percentage in the play does "Number of Plays" get incremented?  (Read 1374 times)

yinmeout

• Junior Woodchuck

My question pertains more to video than music - as the family constantly record stuff from the T.V. - after a few days it becomes a challenge to know what's been seen and what can be trashed.
So I am using number of plays to construct a smart list which shows stuff that hasn't been "watched" however - it doesn't always increment number of plays value in the database.

How much of the file do I need to have played / skipped?
Is it a percentage?
Or
Is it near the end of the file / start of the file?

Would one of the team have a look in the code and tell me - thanks very much.

• Citizen of the Universe

I'm pretty sure it happens at 50%.

There's a link at the bottom of my post that you might find helpful.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team

I've created my own custom watched field, and custom way to display the text (White bold if not watched, or grey with a check mark if watched), then, for theater view, I created a new menu item under 'Shows', that shows only video's in my recorded TV folder, and filters out .jtv files (I record in .ts)...that way, it doesn't show .jtv files from when someone is watching TV on another client PC, and it only shows TV shows that are recorded.  I also sort by date imported, that way, the newest stuff is at the beginning of the list.

mm0

connersw

I'm pretty sure it happens at 50%.

Actually, the Bookmark needs to be past 90%. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

yinmeout

• Junior Woodchuck

OK that looks good - I'll implement that - thank you!

MrHaugen

Actually, the Bookmark needs to be past 90%.  
I know. It really should. This have been a torn in my side for a long time. This should be changed for video (it works for audio). Longer video should have limit around 90% and shorter should have a bit less. Perhaps 75%. This would help a lot with movies, series and other stuff being marked as watched, when they really are not finished.

Adding your own triggers, custom fields, captions and views should not be necessary.

And while we're talking about watched/not watched. There's also still a bug I believe, in that function. There should be 3 states.
0 = Not started (not watched)
1 = Started, but not above 50% (partially watched)
2 = Watched, above 50% (fully watched)

The middle option did not work the last time I tested this. It's a long time ago, so pardon me if there's been a fix. But I have not seen any notes of that.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up