INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Hiccup  (Read 1311 times)

RickLang

• Recent member
Strange Hiccup
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:44:33 pm »

After the first 15 seconds or so, every track I play experiences a gap of 2 or 3 seconds. Nothing seems to drop out, just delayed. I'm using JRiver 19 with Logitech Media Server and WhiteBear and streaming to a Transporter.

I've had other problems making these systems work together, but never this. It began today. It happens whether I'm sending the stream over the network or just playing tracks on the speakers attached to my PC.

I can't believe it's the source Hard Drive because the gaps happen almost exclusively at the start of tracks. I've rebooted to no avail. Any ideas? I'm on Windows 7 with hardware that hasn't exhibited another other oddities.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Strange Hiccup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:55:48 pm »

You could try increasing buffering in Options > Audio > Device settings...  You could also increase Options > Audio > Prebuffering.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »

After the first 15 seconds or so, every track I play experiences a gap of 2 or 3 seconds. Nothing seems to drop out, just delayed. I'm using JRiver 19 with Logitech Media Server and WhiteBear and streaming to a Transporter.

Do you have a link set between the local hardware player zone on MC and the DLNA stream zone? 

While I've been testing the Id, that combination on an MC causes pauses between songs and pauses during playing in both zones at the same time, usually just once per title, and usually toward the beginning of each song.  If you break the link, that behavior will stop on both devices.

--Bill

RickLang

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:08:29 pm »

Hi Bill, I did increase buffering at both the settings suggested, to no avail. So I'm thinking I need to try your suggestion - breaking the link between the local hardware player zone on MC and the DLNA stream zone. My problem is that I don't know where to find that link. Can you explain? Thanks, Rick

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 11:26:23 am »

It's in Playing Now.  In order for there to be a link between two zones, you would have had to perform the link.  To unlink just right-click on the pair of zones (grouped together) that show a link symbol and select 'unlink'.  If you didn't link zones in the first place, there's nothing to do.

--Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up