INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver with a real TOUCH interface for Win8.1 tablet (or convertible laptop)  (Read 3668 times)

djgras

• Recent member

Hi
I tried using JRiver - even in theatre view mode - on my LENOVO YOGA 2 13 convertible laptop using it in stand mode.
It is not really usable, scrolling does not work beyond certain limits, going back to other artists or albums etc is a real problem.
In practice I cannot use JRiver this way (MC 19).

When will JRiver really have a proper touch interface on Win 8.1 ?
I would like to use it with eg a Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet with dock (ethernet, usb2 or 3) or my Lenovo Yoga (I use the usb2 port with a Lan adapter and the usb3 port for the usb link to my hifi DAC).

Best

• Citizen of the Universe

Have you tried using the Obsidian Touch skin for Theater View? It moves some of the UI elements around to make control via a touchscreen easier.

Tools → Options → Theater View → Appearance → Skin: Obsidian Touchscreen

While you're there, you can also increase the size of items in Theater View and the width of the scrollbar.

Admittedly, it's not as good as a complete redesign for touch might be, but it worked reasonably well for me after making those changes.

connersw

This question seems to be coming up more and more frequently, which is to be expected as more touch enabled laptop/tablet/hybrids infiltrate the market.  Obsidian Touchscreen is always the recommendation; however, it really is not optimized for touch.  A true touch interface would be a great feature/selling point.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

This question seems to be coming up more and more frequently, which is to be expected as more touch enabled laptop/tablet/hybrids infiltrate the market.  Obsidian Touchscreen is always the recommendation; however, it really is not optimized for touch.  A true touch interface would be a great feature/selling point.

Maybe with Robert Ryan joining JRiver, we'll see just that?

I too would love this to be improved.

Vocalpoint

A true touch interface would be a great feature/selling point.

Well - for the iDevice crowd - JRemote is a wonderful true touch interface. Would be nice to see something similar for the Windows crowd.

VP

Al ex

Maybe with Robert Ryan joining JRiver, we'll see just that?

I too would love this to be improved.
+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up