INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio: Subwoofer and Room Correction features change in real time?  (Read 1486 times)

ronkupper

• Recent member

Hi Guys,

For some of the settings in DSP Studio it is specified that a stop in playback is required (like channel, encoding, sample rate, etc.)

I wanted to confirm that the Subwoofer setting (Silent, JRSS, Subclarity, etc) and Room Correction's Bass Management work in real-time (with the buffer delay of course).

Thanks,
Ron
HTPC (Origen ae) | Fronts: Quadral Platinum M50 | Sub: JL Audio E112 | Center: Quadral Platinum M10 Base | Surrounds: Morel SP2 | Power: Emotiva XPA-5 | Pro: Emotiva UMC-200 | TV: Panasonic P50S60 | XTZ Room Analyzer II Pro | Dirac Live Full

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe

As far as I know they do.
A start/stop is required to effectuated changes made in these settings

ronkupper

• Recent member

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for replying  :)
I actually asked if they (Subwoofer settings & Room Correction) work in real-time so you think they don't?

The distance and volume level are definitely in real-time as one could hear the difference clearly.

I wonder if there is a difference with Subwoofer settings between Silent (controlled by Room Correction) and JRSS Subwoofer.

HTPC (Origen ae) | Fronts: Quadral Platinum M50 | Sub: JL Audio E112 | Center: Quadral Platinum M10 Base | Surrounds: Morel SP2 | Power: Emotiva XPA-5 | Pro: Emotiva UMC-200 | TV: Panasonic P50S60 | XTZ Room Analyzer II Pro | Dirac Live Full

Vincent Kars

Some misunderstanding probably.
Working in real time as I understand it is doing the processing on the fly.
You probably means if one can changes settings like volume control and hear it immediately (without a restart of the audio)

As far as I know, room correction is "real time"
Most options in Output Format requires the audio to stop/start (toggle n of channels for an example)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Changes to room correction are real-time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ronkupper

• Recent member

Thanks Matt!

What about SubClarity and Subwoofer type?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

What about SubClarity and Subwoofer type?

I think they take a stop to take effect.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up