INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nfo tags not being read  (Read 1921 times)

nuke2000

nfo tags not being read
« on: July 07, 2014, 06:31:57 am »

Hi there

I am attempting to get mc19 to read my nfo files exported from an xbmc library (1 nfo per movie/show exported to the movie location with the same name as the movie file). mc19 refuses point blank to acknowledge their existence. The mc19 default scrapers don't seem to do a great job hence my preference to use the nfo files created by xbmc.

Is there an issue with nfo imports in the latest builds? Alternatively, how can I get mc19 to collect relevant data for movie files. My movies are named 'MOVIE NAME (YEAR)' which is fine for xbmc scrapers but obviously not mc19. I could of course manually update each movies name and import from my preferred scraper 1 at a time, but confused as to why mc19 has a problem effectively tagging on import using a standard naming convention.

Your assistance is appreciated

Thank you

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: nfo tags not being read
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:54:49 am »

My movies are named 'MOVIE NAME (YEAR)' which is fine for xbmc scrapers but obviously not mc19. I could of course manually update each movies name and import from my preferred scraper 1 at a time, but confused as to why mc19 has a problem effectively tagging on import using a standard naming convention.

I name my movie file names using the same convention. So, that's unlikely to be an issue. Common problems with this sort of issue are:
1. Incorrect media sub-type - check the meta-data tag and make sure that it's set to Movie (consult the Wiki for more info)
2. You could also confirm that the correct meta-data name is in place. By this, I'm making a distinction from the file name. A bulk right click / context > Library Tools > Fill Properties from Filename might help

All the best ..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:27:20 pm »

Is there already a JRiver side-car file in the folder?  Try removing that file.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

SomeOneWho

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:43:28 pm »

I too was having problems with MC ignoring .nfo files.  I'm been using .mkv video files created with MakeMKV and .nfo files created by Ember Media Manager. 

I tried updating one of the .nfo files using MediaElk (a different XBMC file manager) and MC was able to read the file just fine.  It appears that MC doesn't like the xml in the .nfo files created by Ember.

I'm not sure what I'll do at this point because I'm not inclined to update all of my .nfo files (>2,000) again with another media manager.
Pages: [1]   Go Up