INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easily edit file path for playlist?  (Read 1213 times)

jagdriver

• World Citizen
Easily edit file path for playlist?
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:53:26 am »

Recently I made some network cfg changes, so need to modify the filepaths for many track entries across many playlists. Some filepaths use UNC, others a drive letter.

Let's take Van Morrison. The filepaths may be:

D:\Music\#Collection\Van Morrison\Astral Weeks\Track A.mp3
D:\Music\#Collection\Van Morrison\Tupelo Honey\Track B.mp3

How can I easily modify D: to U: without having to rebrowse and select every single track? Is there a method whereby I can make a global search and replace?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Easily edit file path for playlist?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:24:25 am »

Use find and replace in the Rename, Move & Copy Files tool.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:00 am »

It sounds silly, but make sure you just point the library and don't move the files.  I switched some drive letters once and ended up moving 500G of files that I had just moved, because I wasn't paying attention

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 06:36:58 pm »

I understand that, Matt. But going back to my example:

D:\Music\#Collection\Van Morrison\Astral Weeks\Track A.mp3
D:\Music\#Collection\Van Morrison\Tupelo Honey\Track B.mp3

I know I can select a group of individual MP3s, then right-click and use the tool you suggest. But... in doing so, I discovered I had to first select all of the files from the Astral Weeks album, change their entire filepath by pointing to the location on my server, then repeat the entire process for each set of MP3s for each album by that artist. This is tedious, as I have a lot of filepath editing to do (and not just for van Morrison).

What I'm looking for is an expedient way to find all occurrences of D: in all of my MC playlists and change it to U:. That would have been a breeze in, say, M$ Word. In fact, as a trial I have exported a playlist, opened it in Notepad++ and have done just that. Importing the result and having it show up in my Playlists section is another matter. Is there a simple way to do this?

Note: I have also used MC to equalize the volume levels across playlists, so don't want to lose that metadata.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 07:55:28 pm »

What I'm looking for is an expedient way to find all occurrences of D: in all of my MC playlists and change it to U:.ta.

I'm not sure if I understand, but it sounds like you'd just find and replace D: with U:.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:03:31 pm »

Sorry.... my bad. I just failed to carefully examine the contents of your dlg box.

(It sucks getting old, but it beats the alternative!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up