INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I refresh the list of zones?  (Read 1048 times)

jphilpit

• Recent member
Can I refresh the list of zones?
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:02:17 am »

I always play my audio through an Ethernet-connected media renderer. But maybe a quarter of the time when I open MC19 that device does NOT appear in the list of zones (in both the Playing Now list and the Player->Zone menu item). If I close the MC19 window and reopen it immediately, the zone I need is usually in the lists. I don't really care whether it's the fault of MC19 or my media player hardware. But I would love a way to ask MC19 to refresh the list of available zones without having to close and reopen the software. Does that functionality already exist and I just haven't found it? If not, would it be easy to add it in a future update?

John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can I refresh the list of zones?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:50 am »

It's not possible.  It would be interesting to figure out why the device is sluggish about appearing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jphilpit

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »

I agree that figuring why the device sometimes doesn't appear would be interesting. It's a Naim media player and I leave it on 24/7 when I'm in town (as recommended by my salesman, apparently to put less strain on the circuits if they remain at a constant temperature). It always seems to find the other DLNA clients, just not this one. If the MC19 software is doing a search for audio players, there must be some reason it can't see the Naim unit at that moment, but it can see it half a minute later. Anyway, for now it's just a minor annoyance that I can easily live with.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 01:34:23 pm »

I had the same problem with my Sony SRS-X7 speakers a while back.
Sometimes they would show up right away, other times they would take several minutes to appear. Restarting MC once they showed up in the Windows "Network" folder caused it to appear right away.

jphilpit

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:48:52 pm »

Thanks, 6233638,
Next time this happens with MC19, I'll have to see whether the device shows up when I open the Network folder. If not, then that would seem to indicate that the problem is with Windows not finding the device on the LAN (as opposed to MC19 not finding it). So I appreciate your input to this thread.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up