INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC convert my FLACs to MP3 (using DSP) and save results to disk?  (Read 1092 times)

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen

I have just tried playing back the first movement of Shostakovich's 7th ("Leningrad") symphony via my car's audio system, using a best quality MP3 conversion of the FLAC I created from a CD. The dynamic range of this music is very wide and if you set the volume to match the loudest sections then large parts of this symphony are totally obscured by road noise. Obviously, I need some form of audio compression for this environment.

I am already aware that MC 19 offers DSP tools to control dynamic range for music being played via MC. Does it also offer the ability to convert FLACs to MP3 (using DSP) and save the results to disk, thus enabling subsequent dynamically compressed playback without further need of MC?

If not, what other software would do this job?

David

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can MC convert my FLACs to MP3 (using DSP) and save results to disk?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:06:51 pm »

Yes absolutely it can.

Highlight the tracks you want to convert then right click > Library tools> convert format.

Click options in the treeview in bottom left corner and set your DSP up for conversion.

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can MC convert my FLACs to MP3 (using DSP) and save results to disk?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 03:13:56 am »

Yes absolutely it can.

Highlight the tracks you want to convert then right click > Library tools> convert format.

Click options in the treeview in bottom left corner and set your DSP up for conversion.

I was pretty sure that MC could handle this task but it can sometimes be difficult to find the solution in this rather complex software, so many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. A selection of files are being converted to MP3s using DSP as I type this reply  :).

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up