INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustrations (mild!) with Theatre View  (Read 1020 times)

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
Frustrations (mild!) with Theatre View
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:32:50 am »

Hi All,

This is by invitation -- to state what my frustrations are with Theatre View, so I'll go straight to them.

* When entering my "TV"or "Documentary" folder in Theatre View, I would like to be able to see the last watched item first, that is go back to where I left off last time.
* When scrolling over a set of TV Seasons it would be nice to see how many episodes remain to be viewed (Just try finding where you were in "Columbo"for example  :))
* Quick switching of subtitles
* Quick "stretch the screen"for old movies and TV shows.
* To have a quick way to shuffle all in an audio playlist or an album
* Have an instant "exit media center" button. (not escape - I can't get escape on my remote).
* I can't remember the rest ...

Finally, to have these options selectable in some sort of customisable floating toolbar which is visible in Theatre View when hovering in a certain area of the display.

It is still the best software and I have no intention of quitting, but some of the above would truly enhance our enjoyment at home.

Cheers.

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Frustrations (mild!) with Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:09:51 am »

* When entering my "TV"or "Documentary" folder in Theatre View, I would like to be able to see the last watched item first, that is go back to where I left off last time.

This can already be done by adding a Lasted Played menu in theatre view under shows and sort descending. You can put this anywhere you want in the theatre view menu as an option.

* When scrolling over a set of TV Seasons it would be nice to see how many episodes remain to be viewed (Just try finding where you were in "Columbo"for example  :))

That ones a hard one....

* Quick switching of subtitles

This can be done with the MCC command [10052] MCC_SET_SUBTITLES.
Put this
Code: [Select]
MC19.exe /MCC 10052,-1 into a custom remote command under Tools-->Options-->Remote Control-->Commands-->Add-->custom-->Add Run
And then "learn" the key from your remote for that command.
(-1 toggles forward, -2 toggles backwards)

* Quick "stretch the screen"for old movies and TV shows.

Same as above,  
MC19.exe /MCC 28022,-1 which is MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_ASPECT_RATIO
( -1: cycles; 0 - 8: selects individual Aspect Ratio Modes)

* To have a quick way to shuffle all in an audio playlist or an album

Toggle Shuffle can be learned in the MC remote control settings and triggered by your remote.

"Ctrl + R  Reshuffle"  and "Ctrl + Shift + R  Shuffle Remaining" can also be used with MCC commands, but the above is simpler.

* Have an instant "exit media center" button. (not escape - I can't get escape on my remote).

Assuming you mean close media center, add this to your remote command list and learn a key for it.
MC19.exe /MCC 20007,1  (0: normal, 1: force close(close media server) , 2: force close (allow media server))

Finally, to have these options selectable in some sort of customisable floating toolbar which is visible in Theatre View when hovering in a certain area of the display.

Keep wishing... :) But I guess having all those above programmed into your remote makes that a bit redundant.  A lot of those options do come up on the bottom when your watching a video if you just use up arrow or cursor on the remote.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:12:43 am »

Wow!

Thanks very much for the thoughtful reply .... I'll see if I can get them done.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:55 am »

Nice work, Hiltonk! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up