INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote: crashing with custom display field  (Read 1983 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote: crashing with custom display field
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:41:58 am »

I've created a new field to bypass getting hit with the [Varies] display for collaboration artists. It's a simple string data field that contains 99% the same data as my "Artist" field, but leave some of these blank. Works fine in MC. But it's crashing JRemote. I can access other views, but not the one where this field is displayed.

Is this a known problem for custom fields? (I've used them in expression without trouble.)

EDIT: it seems it has to do with the blank field. This is a real bummer, because this was my solution to a problem in MC. Works there, not with JRemote, which defeats the purpose.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90217.0

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote: crashing with custom display field
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:55:41 pm »

Hi Denti, can you tell me the specifics for your field?. This should be an easy fix. Will probably make it into the next version that will be released very soon.

Denti

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:11:29 pm »

LesPaul,

The field is a standard data-type, string field. Nothing fancy at all. I think it's crashing because it's the main display field and I leave it blank for some artists in order to avoid the [Varies] default. You can see the problem laid out in detail in the thread linked above. Ideally I could replicate what I'm seeing in the Standard View in MC.

Note that I duplicated the crash using the Artist field by simply leaving that field blank for one album of one artist.

Just to clarify: it would be great to be able to have blank fields in a grouping simply ignored. Instead, JRemote balks at their even being such a thing.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

I tried to follow your thread, but need to get one thing clear:

Is the app crashing when you are moving from a grouped view to file view?
Or is it crashing when you first enter the grouped view?

Is it in your grouped view that one or more of your titles are empty?

Denti

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 04:47:34 pm »

Grouped view. But even before I open up that group it crashes.

I can open up "Audio" and see my different views, but once I select "Main Artists" (in which one group of artists has only one set with a blank display field).

Note that in Theater View the entire group is empty (unlike in Standard View), so maybe even if the crash is averted, it might not help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:53:11 am »

Theater View skips levels that only display a single choice.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Denti

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 09:57:05 am »

I know that, and I like it, especially in JRemote, where I can add all kinds of levels that are relevant for some albums, but not at all for others.

The problem is that I have a display field that for 99 out of 100 of the artists on the main, first level is identical within each grouping. But for that 1 out of a 100 I have, say, 1 out of 20 that is blank. In that scenario Theater View displays the 1 blank one. Why?

In J remote it crashes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up