INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music plays too fast  (Read 1319 times)

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
Music plays too fast
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:38:40 pm »

Hi, just downloaded MC V19 (trial) and at first I was very happy listening to my music through it. I have been planing to purchase the software before the 30 day trial. I did have some hiccups with playing some old iTunes purchased (protected) files which would hang up MC, but after eliminating those files I thought I solved the audio problems. Then I started noticing something very weird. The music is playing slightly too fast. Not a huge amount like say an LP played at 45 rpm, but enough to completely ruin the experience for me. At first I was thinking MC was the culprit but then I tried Itunes and sure enough it is doing the same thing. Is there any known issue that would cause this? I'm running Win 8.1. I have a somewhat new external DAC that plays through the usb port. This DAC has worked great before this new problem.
Hope someone can help!
Thanks
Dave

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music plays too fast
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:17 pm »

Something is messed up on your DAC.  Perhaps a driver setting?  Or just a borked driver?

In any case, that's almost certainly where the problem lies.

Or all of your files are messed up.  But that seems unlikely.  It is also quite unlikely to be a setting in MC that could be causing it, if it happens with other (unrelated) audio on the system (unless you somehow replicated the same bad setting in both MC and iTunes).

I think you messed up something in the DAC driver, or the DAC driver itself is messed up, and it is running its clock all out of whack.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Music plays too fast
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:23:40 pm »

Thanks glynor, you are right on the money. I have been running experiments since I wrote my OP, first using Pandora straight from my web browser, played too Billy Joel's voice was way too high. Then I unplugged the DAC and tapped into the sound card on my PC, the speed was normal. Then plugged the DAC back in and now it is normal sounding once again.. So no more jumping to conclusions for me!  ::) I sure hope my DAC doesn't do this too often as I really love the sound it delivers. Really glad it wasn't MC as I  like its interface better than anything else I have tried.
Pages: [1]   Go Up