INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.152 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 5984 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 19.0.152 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: July 18, 2014, 04:40:46 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190152.dmg

19.0.152 (7/18/2014)

1. Fixed: In place edit controls now respond to arrow keys.
2. Fixed: Date created field wouldn’t update correctly. M4A format files are re-created during tagging so will still show a current time for 'date created' after tagging.
3. Fixed: Stopping music when in integer mode would often not release the audio device.
4. NEW: DSD encoding support.
5. Fixed: Menus were not displayed right away when launching the program.
6. Fixed: Menus now display the command symbol instead of "Ctrl" for shortcuts.
7. NEW: Handheld device syncing support.  Supports USB mass storage devices.  Does not support MTP mode.
8. Fixed: Some MC components specified a higher SSE level than some older Mac computers support.  May have caused crashes on some older systems.

19.0.144 (6/26/2014)

1. Fixed: m3u8 playlists were not importing.
2. Fixed: Paste tagging was not working.
3. Changed: Improved messaging when a license for the wrong platform is restored. Now, if a user tries to install a Windows license on a Mac, a clear error message is displayed.
4. Fixed: Multi-channel .wma files now work on Mac.
5. Fixed: The caps lock key was not working.
6. NEW: Media Server mode can now be enabled (Tools / Advanced Tools / Media Server...).  This runs Media Center with no UI and displays an icon on the status bar at upper right.
7. NEW: Media Center can now be started automatically at login time (Tools / Options / Startup / Run on Mac startup).
8. Fixed: Dialog boxes now respond to Escape and Enter keys.

19.0.131 (4/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Web radio stream playback was eating up way too much cpu.
2. Fixed: System sleep is now always disabled while Media Center is playing, including DLNA playback.
3. Fixed: XML playlist exports from iTunes were not importing because of 'file://localhost/' embedded in filenames.
4. Fixed: File rename & copy was producing duplicate library entries when processing filenames containing international characters.
5. Fixed: M3U playlist exports from iTunes were not importing because of line ending issues.

19.0.124 (4/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Some WMA lossless files would play at wrong speed and/or with static.
2. Fixed: Installing non-supported VST plugins (e.g. older 32bit only ones) would cause PackageInstaller to crash and no error was shown in Media Center.
3. Fixed: When adding a new VST plugin, the file selection dialog would show up behind Media Center.

19.0.123 (4/2/2014)

1. Changed: Reinstated standard Mac Quit menu option.
2. NEW: Support for 64 bit VST audio plugins in DSP Studio.  From "Manage Plug-ins / Add VST" select the Plug-in package ending in ".VST" (usually in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST).

19.0.122 (3/17/2014)

1. Fixed: The date tag was being read incorrectly in WMA files.
2. Fixed: WMA lossless wasn't working.

19.0.121 (3/12/2014)

1. Fixed: Duplicate menus were being shown if you activated the left-most item and dragged over one of the other items.
2. Changed: Got rid of "Quit" menu option which was redundant with "Exit" option on File menu. Cmd-Q still works for exiting program.
3. Fixed: WMA files showed incorrect bitrate in player display window.
4. Changed: Retina Mode (View -> Size -> Retina Mode) will now stay enabled between program runs.  Before you had to enable it each time you started Media Center.
5. Fixed: In Retina mode, main menu dropdowns would partially cover the main menu.
6. Fixed: In Retina mode, the blurred 'alpha' background behind menus was offset from the actual location of the background.
7. Fixed: In Retina mode, the DSP Studio windows looked funny - the window was much too big with lots of empty space around the DSP options.

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. NEW: WMA decoding.  Window Media files can now be imported and played.  Tags are read-only at this point.

19.0.119 (2/27/2014)

1. Changed: Changed UDP socket Accept function to use 'select' rather than 'kqueue/kevent'.  Trying to eliminate application hang at shutdown.

19.0.118 (2/24/2014)

1. Fixed: License restores were not working with build 117.

19.0.117 (2/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Fixed: MC license no longer needs to be restored whenever the Mac computer name changes.
3. Fixed: Fill properties from filename using Template was showing full path rather than just filename.
4. Fixed: Enabled filesystem statistics gathering function.
5. Fixed: Allow : in filename (was filtered out by windows code).
6. Fixed: Remove special treatment of UNC style paths (windows code).
7. Fixed: Remove special treatment of . in pathnames, i.e. foo./bar (windows code).
8. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
10. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
11. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code.  MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
12. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
13. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
14. Fixed: Directory presets in some dialogs had the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slashes.

19.0.103 (1/10/2014)

1. Fixed: iTunes playlists were not importing correctly.
2. Fixed: Debug logging was always re-enabled at startup regardless of user setting.
3. Fixed: Added right-click menu in display view to allow display type and cover art style choices.
4. Fixed: Empty directories were not getting removed following file deletions.
5. Fixed: Very small FLAC files were failing playback (e.g. Test silence files smaller than 64k bytes).

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.152 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 04:43:41 pm »

Drag and drop from library views onto the handheld action window is a little weird.  You can drop onto the action window header but not onto the "drop here" graphic.  You can also drop onto the device under "Drives & Devices" or use the "Send to..." menu.

zenmastering

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:49:40 pm »

10.6.8, MacBook, 2GB RAM:

19.0.152 now launches but any attempt at playing a track results in the spinning beachball and a need to re-boot the whole computer. I guess it's back to 19.0.131 for now...

Graemme

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 01:44:19 am »

Get Cover Art Dialog:

Still doesn't save selected Cover to marked files when pressing the Return (Enter) - Key.

*** Sigh ***

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 08:04:31 am »

I love it, that the MediaCenter gets more and more useful on MAC.
There is still one thing that isn't corrected yet: If you wipe over the menu the drop downs do not change. It still sticks on the first menu selected. And moreover the font size still isn't correct. At least on my MAC book pro with retina and on my MAC mini (both with OSX 10.9.4) where I store all the music files. All MAC programs respectively all programs that are ported to MAC like e.g. Firefox or Thunderbird do use the same font size as it is with the top menu... beside the JRiver MediaCenter.

noisyscott

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:01:40 am »

Searches within smartlist now search the entire library, not just the files in the smartlist.  I do not believe this was the case until 19.0.152

freesteve

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 10:27:36 am »

Software conflict with iMac audio,  152 update created no audio for my iMac internally or externally.  Apple care had to fix and re-create audio preferences for me.  Uggh.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 06:08:55 pm »

Works fine for me on an iMac either. Did not encounter a problem like this. What exactly happened?

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:31 am »

When MC's internal volume is disabled it still doesn't pass the volume key commands through to the OS.

pirassic

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 12:33:59 pm »

Any news on DSD128 on Mytek/Firewire?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 08:29:43 am »

Get Cover Art Dialog:
Still doesn't save selected Cover to marked files when pressing the Return (Enter) - Key.
On my system, this dialog works the same on Windows and Mac.  To save the cover art using the keyboard, click Tab until "Save Cover Art" is selected, then press enter.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 08:33:46 am »

Software conflict with iMac audio,  152 update created no audio for my iMac internally or externally.  Apple care had to fix and re-create audio preferences for me.  Uggh.

This sounds suspiciously like the fix:
3. Fixed: Stopping music when in integer mode would often not release the audio device.

Is there any more information you could give?  Did it happen right after update?  Were you using integer mode playback?  Thanks.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 08:39:31 am »

Searches within smartlist now search the entire library, not just the files in the smartlist.  I do not believe this was the case until 19.0.152

I'm not able to reproduce this.  When I'm in a Smartlist and I search, I only get results from that Smartlist.  Anything else I should try?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:10 am »

When MC's internal volume is disabled it still doesn't pass the volume key commands through to the OS.

Would you mind elaborating?  To test, should MC be in "Internal Volume" or "System Volume" mode?  What happens when you use the volume buttons, and what should happen instead?  Thanks.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

JohnT

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 06:12:45 pm »

10.6.8, MacBook, 2GB RAM:

19.0.152 now launches but any attempt at playing a track results in the spinning beachball and a need to re-boot the whole computer. I guess it's back to 19.0.131 for now...

Graemme
We bought a 2006 Mac mini today running 10.6.8 OSX and were able to reproduce this exact problem. We'll get a fix out with the next build.  Thanks for the report and sorry for the problems.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 01:37:03 am »

On my system, this dialog works the same on Windows and Mac.  To save the cover art using the keyboard, click Tab until "Save Cover Art" is selected, then press enter.

Then there is something strange in the Windows version, too.
Normal behavior to leave a dialog is:  ENTER (= Ok, save changes) or ESC (= abort, forget changes).

Richheart

• Recent member
Re:19.0.152 - "Failed to create CD Manager Control" on opening program
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 11:59:55 am »

"Failed to create CD manager control" - Error comes up on opening .152
I am using Mac mini, late 2012, Mavericks (latest update).
The above message shows on opening MC and when I click 'OK', 9 times (yes I checked) it disappears and lets me use the program. Next time I open it, the same thing happens.
Any suggestions?

JohnT

Re:19.0.152 - "Failed to create CD Manager Control" on opening program
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 01:34:26 pm »

"Failed to create CD manager control" - Error comes up on opening .152
I am using Mac mini, late 2012, Mavericks (latest update).
The above message shows on opening MC and when I click 'OK', 9 times (yes I checked) it disappears and lets me use the program. Next time I open it, the same thing happens.
Any suggestions?
Go into Tools / Options / Startup and change the "Startup Interface" / "Location:" setting to something other than "Drives & Devices". The default startup location is "Start" but I find "Last Location" is more convenient.  The CD Manager error is a bug we'll get fixed in the upcoming build.  Thanks for the report.
Pages: [1]   Go Up