INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can i get a zone to play to more than one soundcard?  (Read 914 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Can i get a zone to play to more than one soundcard?
« on: July 26, 2014, 05:11:35 pm »

Is there a way to have a zone playing to several sound-cards without linking them? Let me tell me a bit about my setup.

I have 4 zones distributed throughout the house, powered by 4 sound-cards. I use the zones "normally", that is I use them to play music controlled with gizmo.

However i have a door bell, I have made it so that when i press the doorbell i send a web-command to the Media Core Web Service. It plays a song in a zone when someone uses the doorbell.

I would like the song to play in all 4 rooms (although they are not linked usually), and further I would like it to play without disturbing the existing playlist (I don't want the playlist to be cleared), so my plan is (if possible) a 5th zone which only job is to play the doorbell-sound to all speakers. But other suggestions are welcome on how to solve this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can i get a zone to play to more than one soundcard?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 03:50:52 pm »

A zone has a single connection to the sound card.  You can create multiple zones and link them.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up