INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote play all issue  (Read 1883 times)

Isaacc7

• Recent member
JRemote play all issue
« on: July 26, 2014, 07:56:59 pm »

I'm having trouble with JRemote and the play all feature. When I find an album via search (in this case Stay Gold by First Aid Kit) I select the first track and the message "all files will play starting with xxx" It plays the song and then stops. Weirdly, when I go back to JRemote I can see the program is on the same song but it looks like it is attempting to play the first 5 seconds of the track and then going back to the beginning. No sound comes out but the counter shows that it is stuck in the loop. I don't see MC doing that, only JRemote.

I'm on an iPad Air with the latest version of ios7. Also using the most recent build of MC on my mid 2011 iMac. Thanks.

Isaacc7

• Recent member
Re: JRemote play all issue
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:57 pm »

And now today it seems to be working fine with the same albums. Weird.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 05:25:57 am »

I am seeing the same thing. It will play the first track and get stuck after that. The progress bar in plying now will loop the first 5 seconds without any sound.

I am using MC 19.0.158 and the latest JRemote.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:19:00 am »

Further testing shows that the problem in my case is not JRemote. I am seeing the same thing when plying directly from MC. I am plying via DLNA to my wireless Libratone speaker and it seems to be here I have a problem.

If I use Airplay from JRemote to the Libratone all tracks are played as they should. Using DLNA will stop after the first track.

I am not sure if this is a recent firmware upgrade of the Libratone causing this or a change in MC. I do not have another DLNA device to test this on.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:09:41 am »

Yes, issues like this are most likely caused by MC having problems with playback for some reason.

A few words about the timer loop:
In the latest versions, JRemote will only poll the server for new information every 5 seconds (compared to every second previously).
The progress bar will move on using its own timer, and will adjust every 5 seconds as long as MC says the file is playing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up