INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Zone Switch  (Read 1465 times)

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
External Zone Switch
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:31:49 am »

Is there a way to have a Zone Switch output data via the network, USB port, or even the PC serial port? I use two different audio systems, the motherboard SPDIF and a Lynx ASE16. I set up a zone switch that works great within JRiver. But I would also like to have that zone switch switch the input on my audio processor.

I can handle any message translation, just need the hook into JRiver.

*Note, the reason I do this is because my DVHS-HD rips are all AC3 so I use bitstream mode via the motherboard SPDIF through an external Lexicon MC8 processor. Sorry, but the JRiver 7 channel upmix is no comparison to the Lexicon Logic7 mode. Now when I play BluRay rips, I output the audio through a Lynx AES16 card as the Lexicon doesn't handle the high quality BluRay audio codecs.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: External Zone Switch
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 10:24:45 am »

There's no automatic method.

You could poll for a zone change and do something on it from a plugin.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 11:52:14 am »

Rather than send it over a separate output, could you not output it over the AES16 with JRSS disabled?

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 12:59:22 pm »

Rather than send it over a separate output, could you not output it over the AES16 with JRSS disabled?

But I still need to switch between the Lexicon MC8 and the Lynx 16. My Lexicon MC8 is modified with an 8 channel digital output. I then go to a 16 channel MiniDSP processor farm for EQ and crossovers. I can't send AES audio into the Lexicon MC8.

Since I can also send the bitstream out the Lynx AES16 as well, I can build a hardware box that senses if the stream on channel 1&2 is PCM or not. Then use that flag to switch the MiniDSP processor input. The Cirrus CS8416 chip has an PCM/nonPCM output pin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up