INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rename/move/copy non JRiver sidecar files (glynor?)  (Read 1560 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
rename/move/copy non JRiver sidecar files (glynor?)
« on: July 29, 2014, 05:18:18 pm »

we were talking about moving sidecar files in another topic, but i've ran into a specific question so i'll try a new topic

i have made some different views that work fine to see all the 'sidecar' files (cue, log, etc).  but...i move all my media into specific folders which include calculated fields (i.e. Death/Scream Bloody Gore-1987-CD rip/track# - name)  CD rip is a calculated field from the avg. bitrate (in this case 16/44 flac will give me that value, where mp3 files will return the avg. album bitrate instead)

so my question, is there a way to use an expression to force a .jpg or a .cue to have a calculated field value that matches the file in the pathway?  i can't simply move the files over without changing my folder naming convention, which for various reasons i don't want to do.

i could make a dummy field and just type it in i guess but that makes a complex expression for rename/move/copy to sort that out

tl;dr - i want my non-MC sidecar files to share calculated field tags with the media in the same folder.

thanks, i'm not sure this is possible

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: rename/move/copy non JRiver sidecar files (glynor?)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 05:19:38 pm »

Hmmmm....

Have to think on it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: rename/move/copy non JRiver sidecar files (glynor?)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:09:06 pm »

ok, i've gotten it working manually.  it works perfect, but it does require manual tagging which is fine for normal incoming volumes, but will not be suitable to re-do my entire media collection (which i would like to do) or complete the integration of my work related docs/photos (which i have to get sorted sooner than later)

i'm using
Code: [Select]
if(!isequal([Media Type],Audio,1),[audio type],[File Type])

if(!isequal([Media Type],Audio,1),[audio folder],[Album Format])

and just paste into the rename/move/copy dialog.  same goes for Video media, although i have far less weird sidecars in my video media.
this gives me two fields to manually tag for all the non-audio files, i've named them so they appear at the top of the tags and close to each other LOL, not because they make sense.

anyways, thanks for any help you JRiver masters may have for me!  i'm trying to brainstorm a variable method, but i only scrape the surface of understanding on the variable language...i'm already smartlisting variables for video and audio...

for example, my average bitrate variable assigns a per-album bitrate average.  isn't that calculated value just a number?  so if i tag sidecar files based on the [album] tag, should i not be able to force them to have a custom field, that displays the calculated average bitrate for that album name?  i just can't figure out how to make it work but it makes sense to me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up