INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble importing  (Read 1002 times)

drugolf

Trouble importing
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:49:43 pm »

I cant get MC up and running after install.  It hangs up during initial import and never finishes.  Cant do anything at that point and have to close the program.  Reinstalled numerous times.  Stopped virus protection to no avail.

I used Media jukebox for a while and it worked fine.  Trying to upgrade to MC and this is what I get. >:(  (I used Jukebox to rip files to a networked HDD so I want to library those.)

Install help troubleshooting would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trouble from the start
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:51:56 am »

Antivirus programs often cause such problems.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:20:50 am »

Unlikely as it seems stopping Anti-Virus may not be enough, it may be necessary to uninstall it completely.

HOWEVER, that being said . . . . I have at times encountered a corrupted file (or a file with corrupted tags) which caused MC to hang or crash upon import when the process reached said file(s).

Try to import perhaps a folder at a time as this may help you to isolate to culprit.
If no luck then maybe try uninstalling your A/V program temporarily.
. . . the game is rigged

drugolf

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:41:28 am »

So I think I have been able to skirt around the issues that were hampering my efforts.  I reinstalled the MC19 but did not allow it to import anything automatically.  I then made sure the base program was functioning even though it had no media files to manage yet and all seemed okay.  (Before it would start processing a command but then just never got through it)

Did a restart (figured it couldn't hurt) and then imported only from one drive and associated music folder where I had ripped flac files to previously with the free MediaJukebox version.  All these loaded fine and are working as intended.  I am not sure what the issue was but maybe AoXo was correct that a corrupted file in another folder on my C drive was the problem and import choked on it.

This import that was successful was all music flac files, so decent size files and it didn't seem to take along time for the import at all.  How long do larger video files take to import?

Re: Trouble importing
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:00:29 am »

It should only take a long time to import videos if you are running audio analysis on the files for volume leveling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up