INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New features  (Read 3605 times)

iamimdoc

• World Citizen
New features
« on: July 31, 2014, 07:40:54 pm »

I am still unclear about what new features there are with MC 20 upgrade except file linking.

Performance should be about the same you have indicated.

Could you list or give a link re: new features, benefits, etc?

Thanks

Gork

• Recent member
Re: New features
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90659.0

So far I believe the "linking" feature is the only feature which has been "published."

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:03:21 am »

Could you list or give a link re: new features, benefits, etc?

Read this: JRiver's Business Model

Once you understand that, you will understand that there is no "new features" list. All the new functionality has been added to the older version, 19 in this case, right up until the new version, 20 in this case, was released.

Buying the new version gives you the right to get updates to the new version for a whole year. "Linking" is currently the only new feature implemented. There aren't any other new features, yet. What new features will be included in future updates is still mostly undecided. But you can put in requests to get new features on to the list.

Go ahead, place your requests: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90662.0
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:19:29 am »

Not knowing about the new features ( or if any of it is of any use to me! ) -
it is unlikely for me to part with any money.
I thought that was obvious,
however JRiver is trying to pre-sell, based on that premise.
 ?
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:40:02 am »

Not knowing about the new features ( or if any of it is of any use to me! ) -
it is unlikely for me to part with any money.
I thought that was obvious,
however JRiver is trying to pre-sell, based on that premise.
 ?

The business model is different from normal, but it's just a question of how you view it.

In reality, MC19 is not released until NOW.  But you have been able to access incremental, development releases for a up to a year in advance.

MC20 won't be finalised until this time next year, but you can access its development releases by paying a reduced fee for a limited amount of time. I guess the reduced fee is the payoff for having early access to new features, may be a bit buggy, and not knowing precisely what features are going to be introduced and what changes are going to be made. It's a gamble you take, JRiver gets the cash up-front to support development. If you don't wish to buy into that business model then that's up to you, you can stay with MC19 for a year then upgrade to MC20 for the full price next year if you like its features.

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 07:49:09 am »

OK!
I get it now, you want us to support you, in faith that you will do a good job.
Why didn't you say so?
I am in.
I like you guys, and if it helps, I shall support you.
Who knows I probably come out a winner in the long run.
Ken
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 08:07:16 am »

Done and paid up.
Please Please (pretty) please
consider putting dsp auto configure per song in MC20.
So I could set my DSP for any song, and it would auto-load them when I play that song or album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up