INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRSS - couple questions  (Read 893 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRSS - couple questions
« on: August 01, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »

i always listen in multi-channel, but only recently i've been trying JRSS mixing rather than using my receiver.  i've also been experimenting with JRiver outputting DTS encoding so that my optical cable can output 2 channel to multi, rather than using my HDMI which is a PITA as i have to enter the GPU management to turn it on.  The JRSS mixer is so far very pleasing, except...

edit:  read the receiver manual, the receiver has to be set to dolby digital to receive the encoded signal over optical. 

questions:  what are peoples favorite setups to allow MC to do the work of the receiver (just use the receiver as amp)?  room correction, custom mixing through PEQ, JRSS, combinations thereof?  a place to start would be great

also, i can't get my 7.1 to work.  i use height channels instead of rear surrounds, and i can't get any sound out of them no matter what i set in MC

edit:  the JRSS sounds much more natural than the any of the receiver settings in a basic sense.  however, i've calibrated my system quite intensively, using a combination of receiver settings (audyssey) and JRiver (equalizer).  when switching to JRSS and letting the receiver pass through the false Dolby signal, it sounds good but the sub levels are way low.  adding volume to the sub through PEQ does nothing at all.  do i have to re-calibrate through the receiver (and/or the sub amps themselves) to gain back this sub volume, or can i do it through MC?

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRSS - couple questions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:47:38 pm »

edit:  the JRSS sounds much more natural than the any of the receiver settings in a basic sense.  however, i've calibrated my system quite intensively, using a combination of receiver settings (audyssey) and JRiver (equalizer).  when switching to JRSS and letting the receiver pass through the false Dolby signal, it sounds good but the sub levels are way low.  adding volume to the sub through PEQ does nothing at all.  do i have to re-calibrate through the receiver (and/or the sub amps themselves) to gain back this sub volume, or can i do it through MC?

You calibrate levels in DSP Studio > Room Correction > Volume Level.  You can use Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration > Volume calibration as a reference for setting everything to the same level.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up