INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Crashes when playing a particular album [Crash log included]  (Read 1778 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen

When I play Gorillaz - Demon Days album, it crashes after playing the first song.  I've pasted the crash log on Pastebin because it exceeds the allowed character limit on the forum.  Thanks for the consideration!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote Crashes when playing a particular album [Crash log included]
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 04:29:04 am »

Thank you, I can see where it crashes. Will add a fix for this in an upcoming version.

Either way, It seems like there is something wrong with that file. I assume you can play it on your desktop, but there could still be problems streaming it if there is missing header information etc.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 07:01:12 pm »

Thanks for the reply Lespaul.  And yes there are times where JRemote can't play files if the file has missing header info, but on those occasions I get a dialog saying there was an error streaming that file, which I'll correct by running the files through the MP3 Validator app.  Usually that fixes the problem.  Not sure if the error in this case can be resolved with that app, but I couldn't figure out why one album kept crashing JRemote which was why I sought your support.  So I appreciate your consideration here and addressing it with a quick response! 

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 04:38:40 pm »

Afrosheen, It would be most helpful if you could send me one of the files in question (to my email).
I promise to delete it once I am done testing:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up