INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible with Zoneswitch?  (Read 1984 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Possible with Zoneswitch?
« on: August 31, 2014, 03:14:03 am »

Hi there,
I am curious if and/or how the following two things can be achieved (either with Zoneswitch or otherwise):

1. Switching the zone automatically when the video output device has changed.
2. Automatically turn on loopback when using Webmedia (e.g. Youtube or other streaming services)

Thanks for your input!

tyler69

Re: Possible with Zoneswitch?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:48:51 am »

Bump.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:27:17 am »

1.  What do you mean by "video output device has changed"? What is causing it to change? You can use ZoneSwitch to use a different zone with a different video output device, but ZoneSwitch has to be triggered by some criteria such as Media Type.

Do you want the same content sometimes played with one video output device and sometimes with another video output device?

2.  I recommend you try VB-Audio Asio Bridge (near bottom of page). When you set it up you choose JRiver's ASIO driver for output. It will automatically route all system sound through JRiver.

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:49 pm »

Thanks for replying.
1. My HTPC is connected to two different video output devices/displays simultaneously (which are in two different rooms). As I have different settings saved for each display (e.g. different audio output device), I do have to change the zone manually everytime I choose to watch movies in an other room (I never use both displays at the same time).  What I'd like to see, is that JRiver automatically detects which display is being turned on and to change to the right zone accordingly.

2. Thanks, I have heard of this. Some background: I use an exaSound DAC which has its own ASIO drivers (and works only with Software that runs with ASIO drivers) and I'm not sure if I'd prefer to install another "interface" to the signal path. Is this the only way?

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 09:58:10 am »

Bump

tyler69

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 07:46:42 am »

Bump

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 11:39:34 am »

Thanks for replying.
1. My HTPC is connected to two different video output devices/displays simultaneously (which are in two different rooms). As I have different settings saved for each display (e.g. different audio output device), I do have to change the zone manually everytime I choose to watch movies in an other room (I never use both displays at the same time).  What I'd like to see, is that JRiver automatically detects which display is being turned on and to change to the right zone accordingly.
As far as I know, there isn't a way to detect which display is being turned on. If you watch movies in both zones, you will just have to manually change zones. If you always watch movies in the other room, then you could have ZoneSwitch automatically switch to that zone whenever a movie is launched.

You can use the Windows+P key to automatically switch outputs on the PC. This is what I do in my living room. I have a 27" monitor and a projector. I never use both at the same time. I just use the Windows shortcut to switch the live output device. I'm don't think this would help for you, though, since you also have different audio output devices.

It may be possible to have two identical views. If you select the movies in one view it goes to Zone 1. If you select the movies in the other view it goes to Zone 2.

2. Thanks, I have heard of this. Some background: I use an exaSound DAC which has its own ASIO drivers (and works only with Software that runs with ASIO drivers) and I'm not sure if I'd prefer to install another "interface" to the signal path. Is this the only way?
The Exasound ASIO driver is for output to the DAC. The ASIO Bridge is the default audio device for your computer. It receives all audio from things such as the internet, games, etc. and then routes it to JRiver. Since ASIO is being used, the audio is untouched except by any JRiver DSP. You aren't really installing another "interface" to the signal path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up