INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Audio out of sync (Lip Sync) using ethernet instead of USB  (Read 2399 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe

Hello,

up to now I was using USB as connection method of choice to connect my HTPC (Local 3 TB WD Red disk inside the HTPC + SSD for OS etc.) to my Devialet using Devialet ASIO Driver. Video Clock on, Display Setting automatic change mode: on; running MadVR with smooth motion enabled.
Everything works great  :) ;D.

I am using JRiver 20.0.21. (Just updated before testing  :))

I am thinking to place my HTPC in a different room, so I tried the Ethernet connection with WASAPI (Devialet AIR) as audio driver.

Lipsync is not any more existent. Video and Audio is out of sync. I had Windows 8.1 firewall enabled, but disabling did not help.

HTPC is connected through a 5-port D-Link switch to the Devialet. Also there is an ethernet connetion from the switch through a PowerLan connetction pointing to my AVM Fritz!Box.

Any Idea why LipSync is not anymore working using Ethernet connection instead of USB?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards!

Manfred
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Re: Video Audio out of sync (Lip Sync) using ethernet instead of USB
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 07:07:21 pm »

Looks like it's adding a delay.

Media Center has options to deal with this: Tools → Options → Video → Advanced → A/V sync correction milliseconds

You probably need a negative value to get this back in sync.

Manfred

Re: Video Audio out of sync (Lip Sync) using ethernet instead of USB
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:18:34 pm »

Hi,

thank you very much for your help!

Using "A/V sync correction milliseconds" I got it back working , but its very sensitive (switching Windows Firewall on/off requires an additional correction.

So I decided going back to use USB connection. I only will move the local storage into a different room to increase the current 3 TB (only 20 GB left) using a NAS.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up