INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 3.05 +  (Read 15195 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote 3.05 +
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2014, 11:12:52 pm »

I noticed that the turn off popups in the settings doesn't work.  It always stays on.  I have several mkv videos that play about 6 to 7 minutes then stop as if they are done.  I need to test all the video formats I have.

Same here.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

dr.mike

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2014, 01:58:36 pm »

JRemote is absolutely brilliant. I'm addicted!

One question:
How do I remove a previously configured server from the remote?
(using latest version, on iPad mini retina)

One suggestion:
Correct spacing between artist and title on the playing now info on bottom left when the title name is longer than one line. (minor, given the speed and overall unparalleled usability!)

One lack of understanding:
When starting play doctor using the current song, the newly generated playlist immediately starts with song 1 of the new playlist and does not allow finish playing the current song. Is there a way to make the current song first in order and finish playing it?

Thanks!!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 03:46:06 am »

Hi Mike,

JRemote is absolutely brilliant. I'm addicted!

One question:
How do I remove a previously configured server from the remote?
(using latest version, on iPad mini retina)

On the settings screen where the servers are listed, swipe left on the server you want to remove. This will reveal the delete button.

One suggestion:
Correct spacing between artist and title on the playing now info on bottom left when the title name is longer than one line. (minor, given the speed and overall unparalleled usability!)

Will be fixed soon

One lack of understanding:
When starting play doctor using the current song, the newly generated playlist immediately starts with song 1 of the new playlist and does not allow finish playing the current song. Is there a way to make the current song first in order and finish playing it?

Thanks!!

This is currently not possible

dr.mike

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 02:27:47 pm »

Cool, thanks!

1/ beginner's error. took me a while to discover the delete in the mails and it's a daily routine there now - did not think of that in JRemote. Worked, easy.

2/ nice!

3/ too bad.

Keep up the great development - JRemote made me fall in love again with my music library, 800+ albums at my fingertips with stunning usability!!!

pcstockton

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »

LesPaul,

We may have covered this previously but I thought we could bring it up again.

Is there any way we can use play doctor when streaming to the device remotely?

Thanks again for the BEST app ever.

All the best,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »

LesPaul,

We may have covered this previously but I thought we could bring it up again.

Is there any way we can use play doctor when streaming to the device remotely?

Thanks again for the BEST app ever.

All the best,
Patrick

Thank you Patrick, you have always been a great supporter:)

The current play doctor commands will only create a playlist for a specific zone.
What we need is a new web service query that returns the generated list based on a seed.
I`ll ask Matt if this can be added to MC20.

pcstockton

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »

Great!

Cheers.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2014, 12:22:32 am »

Thanks for the video fix in 3.07 - I can watch videos again!

dr.mike

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 07:15:51 am »

I just discovered the great functionality to Wake on LAN directly from within the app - works great with JRemote and no need for a dedicated separate app. Same with the functionalities to sleep / hibernate / shut down and restart.

A usability improvement suggestion:
Instead of having especially the three sleep / hibernate / shutdown options all the way down inside the server settings - why not put them directly in front within the server line, as icons, left of the info button. This way they'd be immediately accessible with less clicks & scrolling. Wake is perfect the way it is.

scubarob

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:33 pm »

Thank you Patrick, you have always been a great supporter:)

The current play doctor commands will only create a playlist for a specific zone.
What we need is a new web service query that returns the generated list based on a seed.
I`ll ask Matt if this can be added to MC20.

+1

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2014, 12:28:37 pm »

I don't know if it's the 3.07 update, or the switch to MC20, but playback of any MP4 video over about 15 minutes long seems to be very unreliable, with playback completely halting at a random point past that.

So far it's happened on about four different videos, roughly 20, 30, 50, and 60 minutes into playback.
Prior to these changes, I have never experienced this.
It just seems to sit there frozen or on a black screen with the "network activity" indicator spinning in the upper-left and the buffer empty.

Stopping playback and restarting it does not seem to help, nor does restarting JRemote. (quitting it by swiping off the screen, rather than resuming)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2014, 09:23:01 am »

A usability improvement suggestion:
Instead of having especially the three sleep / hibernate / shutdown options all the way down inside the server settings - why not put them directly in front within the server line, as icons, left of the info button. This way they'd be immediately accessible with less clicks & scrolling. Wake is perfect the way it is.

I agree that these options should be more visible. I think putting them on the same line as the server could get a bit crowded.
What I was thinking was:

On the settings screen, when you are connected, these buttons will appear under the list of servers.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2014, 09:28:03 am »

I don't know if it's the 3.07 update, or the switch to MC20, but playback of any MP4 video over about 15 minutes long seems to be very unreliable, with playback completely halting at a random point past that.

So far it's happened on about four different videos, roughly 20, 30, 50, and 60 minutes into playback.
Prior to these changes, I have never experienced this.
It just seems to sit there frozen or on a black screen with the "network activity" indicator spinning in the upper-left and the buffer empty.

Stopping playback and restarting it does not seem to help, nor does restarting JRemote. (quitting it by swiping off the screen, rather than resuming)

There are definitely some issues with video playback. Playback at this time is completely handled by iOS itself, so there must be something happening in the background.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:55 pm »

I have a number of small videos (3 to 4 min each).
Would like to play those in JRemote one following another automatically.
Tried adding multiple videos to playing now, but it is not allowed, that I can find.
Then created a playlist, but does not appear to start up the second at the end of the first video in the playlist.
Any thoughts on this problem?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 08:09:44 am »

I have a number of small videos (3 to 4 min each).
Would like to play those in JRemote one following another automatically.
Tried adding multiple videos to playing now, but it is not allowed, that I can find.
Then created a playlist, but does not appear to start up the second at the end of the first video in the playlist.
Any thoughts on this problem?

A playlist of videos is basically not supported right now. JRemote will just take the first video it finds in a playlist and hand it over to the iOS video player.

I need to implement a full custom player to get better control of playback including progress and playlist.
Consider video support to still be in a beta stage at this time.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 09:54:25 am »

Beta it is, would also like the ability to add to playing now for videos...
Thanks for a great product.

akamia

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

1+

I have over 1000 Music clips. It is hard to manage at the Moment.  But ... Take your Time. It is a Great App.

Akamia
Server2016 / OMV3 / JRiver 22 / JRemote / Denon X4000 / Vu+Solo4k / CCU2 / ioBroker / FHEM

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:10 pm »

Just a small update on 3.09.

As you may know, It was submitted and waiting for approval.

Unfortunately, I had to pull it as I found a bug that was just too serious to release.
I already re-submitted the app, but I believe this may reset the approval time.

Sorry to all the people waiting for it.
The good news is that some recent bug fixes are now a part of the new version.

This is the changelog for the new version:

iOS8 and iPhone 6 optimizations
-Added support for the bigger iPhone 6 models and the retina HD resolution.

Add to playlist
- You can now add media directly to a playlist. Swipe left on any track to reveal the "Add" button.

Bug fixes
- Too small cover art on some devices
- Problem with special characters when finding assets in file path
- Not able to resume local playback when interrupted
- [iPhone] custom views that start with a track view would not load

+ a few smaller bugs fixed.

There are also some cosmetic changes on the iPhone light theme.

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2014, 03:19:17 am »

Just a small update on 3.09.

As you may know, It was submitted and waiting for approval.

Unfortunately, I had to pull it as I found a bug that was just too serious to release.
I already re-submitted the app, but I believe this may reset the approval time.

Sorry to all the people waiting for it.
The good news is that some recent bug fixes are now a part of the new version.

Having waited ten days for the update, it looks like we have to wait another ten! While the submission of apps for approval is a lengthy process, this could have been avoid with greater diligence on your part Robert. It wouldn't be so bad if we could go back to 3.07 while we are waiting for 3.09.

When future updates appear, I will wait for confirmation from this board that they are ready to install and are not compromised by bugs. It's a great product Robert and by far the best remote control app but the problems with 3.08 and the delay with 3.09 should not have happened. Perhaps you need to achieve greater integration between your work for JRiver and your work on JRemote.

I'm sure the new version will be worth the wait

Camver

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2014, 08:00:18 am »

Not to worry about the delay; good that you spotted the bug.

In the info screens it appears that the actual tag name is listed. Would it be possible for the "Display" name to be listed instead?

For most tag names this would be the same as the actual tag name, but where we have entered a more user friendly "display" name in JRiver it would be good to see that, unless this is controlled by webgizmo, in which case would it be possible for that to be changed?

Regards, Malcolm

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2014, 08:11:13 am »

Never mind, the app is actually in review now, so will probably be released soon.
Apple must have changed the way they handle new builds in the submission process.

JazzDoc, I understand you are getting impatient.

For the next few versions I only intend to work on bugs and stability.
New additions will only include chrome cast and iPhone rotation support.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2014, 02:14:39 am »

Spoke too soon. It was in review just to be rejected because of a new check they have implemented.
I`m gonna spare you the rest of this soap opera. Let`s just say it`s out when its out.

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2014, 06:36:50 am »

Spoke too soon. It was in review just to be rejected because of a new check they have implemented.
I`m gonna spare you the rest of this soap opera. Let`s just say it`s out when its out.

Unbelievable! I know this isn't your fault Robert but the whole situation seems ridiculous. Is there no way we can revert to 3.07. That one worked well for me and didn't mess up cover art in the 'Now Playing' view.

pcstockton

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2014, 05:53:43 pm »

this could have been avoid with greater diligence on your part Robert.

EASY there Doctor.  Mistakes are made, including your bad grammar above, and [ALL] software has a bug or two.

When future updates appear, I will wait for confirmation from this board that they are ready to install and are not compromised by bugs.

That is what any smart person does with ANY update for ANY software. 

I upgrade JRemote without questioning it because it is always a better version that works great for me, bugs included.  It is has been a great app since day 1 and only gets better now that he IS getting integrated as a result of moving over to work for JRiver.

Lighten up,
Patrick

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:35 am »

I upgrade JRemote without questioning it because it is always a better version that works great for me, bugs included.  It is has been a great app since day 1 and only gets better now that he IS getting integrated as a result of moving over to work for JRiver.

Point taken Patrick. Perhaps I was unnecessarily harsh on Robert, for which I offer him an apology. JRemote is a great product and like yourself, I have always installed previous updates without question as there has never been any visible or tangible disadvantage. 3.0.8 was the first update that presented a visible problem, namely the reduction in cover art image size when in 'Playing Now' mode. I accept that all software will have bugs and that mistakes will be made although I might have hoped that the cover art bug in 3.0.8 would have been corrected prior to release.

I am confident that Robert's professional working relationship with JRiver will improve both Media Center and JRemote and despite the problems with 3.0.8, I remain confident in the product.

pcstockton

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2014, 07:57:13 pm »

Very nice JazzDoc.  Nice post.

That said, what device are you having problems with?  No problems with my iPhone or iPad?

-Patrick

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2014, 09:58:45 pm »

Very nice JazzDoc.  Nice post.

That said, what device are you having problems with?  No problems with my iPhone or iPad?

-Patrick
JRemote works fine with my iPhone although it will only run an older version as I have a 3GS. The problem is with JRemote on my iPad2 (Latest OS installed)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2014, 06:13:27 am »

JazzDoc, As I said, I understand your frustration. I swear this App Store is gonna give me a heart attack one day.
On Android you can pretty much push out an update in 2 hours. That`s how it should be on iOS as well. If not 2 hours, maybe a day or two at the most.

It is possible to request a faster review process, but you only get two of those each year. And lets be honest, a cover art that is too small is not worth it.

Now, you can become a beta tester for JRemote, that will let you use the new version today. I have sent you an invite on email.
It would be nice to have a small beta team to test new versions on various devices, so if you want to test future versions as well, that would be great.

Zero_G

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 09:29:40 am »

Add me in if you're inviting beta testers.   :)

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:55 pm »

JazzDoc, As I said, I understand your frustration. I swear this App Store is gonna give me a heart attack one day.
On Android you can pretty much push out an update in 2 hours. That`s how it should be on iOS as well. If not 2 hours, maybe a day or two at the most.

It is possible to request a faster review process, but you only get two of those each year. And lets be honest, a cover art that is too small is not worth it.

Now, you can become a beta tester for JRemote, that will let you use the new version today. I have sent you an invite on email.
It would be nice to have a small beta team to test new versions on various devices, so if you want to test future versions as well, that would be great.

That would be great Robert! Thanks for the invitation. I have checked my email but nothing has come through yet. I have sent my email address to you.
Thanks

rilke1999

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2014, 06:04:17 pm »

The new testflight program from Apple eases the beta testing with more testers:-)

I would be willing to beta test on iphone 6plus and Ipad Air 2.

mka

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2014, 02:36:05 am »

I will not be using the integrated testfight from Apple just yet.
The main issue I have with it right now is that betas have to be reviewed by Apple before you can use them.

I tried submitting the latest version for beta testing,but cancelled it after 2 days of waiting for approval.
This sort of defeats the whole purpose for me, betas should be instantly available for testing.

Will be using the old testflight until Apple ease up on their testing policy.

rilke1999, I`ll send you an invitation.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2014, 07:29:02 pm »

3.09 is finally available!!!  Haven't tried it yet but can't wait to use the add to an existing playlist feature.  Thanks for a great program!!

sunfire7

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2014, 01:47:32 am »

Updated to 3.09 version and all seems fine, I love the add to playlist feature!! Thx Lespaul

Lespaul, how about the offline feature everyones wants? Any estimate?
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »

Hello Lespaul,

Updated to 3.09 version and all seems fine, I love the add to playlist feature!! Thx Lespaul

this is the killer feature I was waiting for a long time. Works very well, Thank you very, very much!!!
It would be great to complete the playlist-features:
  • add a similar swipe command to persistently delete a single track from playlist in Mediacenter Libary
    In playing now view there is a delete command, but this is only to remove from playing now view only.
  • add an other delete command in the default view, to delete a complete playlist in Mediacenter Libary (hold-gesture on a playlist--> "delete Playlist")
  • do auto-refresh to the JRemote-Views after add/delete-commands for track/playlist

would this be possible, Lespaul?

Thanks Erwin

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

faster, the best way to do this currently is to load the playlist in the "Now playing" view, edit and save.

A swipe command for deleting from a specific playlist would not work well in the regular views. There is no way to know if a file is part of a playlist.

You would have to enter a special playlist editing view where you would first select a playlist and then reorder and delete tracks.

As you can see, this is identical to loading the playlist in "Now playing" and doing the editing.
The only difference is that you would potentially have to interrupt the current playback when doing the editing.

Not sure if this is worth pursuing yet. Either way, the web service commands to do this would have to be added as well.
The current editing commands only work on the "Now Playing" list.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2014, 05:59:06 pm »

Lespaul, how about the offline feature everyones wants? Any estimate?

I will start to slowly implement this feature soon, but I won't give any estimates. The android version also needs some attention.

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

I'm curious, are there any comparison images to show what browsing a list is like on say a 4s, 5s, 6, and 6+?

I've been using a 4s for the last few weeks now and while I prefer the physical size of that device, I find navigation in JRemote very cramped.

I'm wanting something faster and with TouchID so I'm trying to decide between the 5s (close to the size I want) or a 6/6+

pcstockton

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2014, 10:19:43 pm »

6+.  No question.  Period, the end.

p.s. The App is working wonderfully on my end.  No issues at all other than AT&T's LTE network not being able to stream 24-96 FLACs without dropouts.  FYI, full CD Res (16/44) working just fine without drops.  No transcoding needed in I dont stumble into the hires world.

-Patrick

sunfire7

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:00 am »

Well the 6 is also nice if you don't like big phones like the 6+.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

pcstockton

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2014, 02:43:06 pm »

Agreed.  It is a great phone as well.  It just isn't that much smaller.

The top of the screen is still out of reach and it doesn't feel smaller in the pocket.

The extra battery life, 1080 screen and landscape views make the 6+ the one (for me).

-p

corehun

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2014, 03:19:21 pm »

I found two issues,

Both on artist/album screens letters placed on the right side gone
When I add an album the pop up screen doesnt disappear until I select another album or artist
+
Dsd album's sampling rate doesn't appear...

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2014, 10:51:38 am »

I absolutely love the new add to playlist option.  JRemote is now the perfect app for me!!!  Thanks much for this product.  The combination of JRiver and JRemote has changed the way I enjoy my hobby.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2014, 02:12:53 pm »

Both on artist/album screens letters places on the right side gone

+1, I'm seeing this on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 as well.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2014, 06:46:32 pm »

Think I found a 3.09 bug.  Deleting two songs from a playlist sequentially (on the second delete), 3.09 crashes.  3.08 never did under the same scenario.  iPhone 5S.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2014, 07:23:05 pm »

For whatever it's worth, I installed JRiver 20.0.33 today and the delete songs from the playlist problem,described above, is gone!  I wouldn't have thought it was a JRiver problem but apparently it was.  Another update, sometimes works, sometimes crashes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up