INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just upgraded to MC 19 a few weeks ago...  (Read 1738 times)

JetBlack

• World Citizen
I just upgraded to MC 19 a few weeks ago...
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:10:23 pm »

Before I upgraded to MC 19 I asked on the forum when MC 20 was coming out, I did not get a reply, my post was deleted.
I would have waited for MC 20 if I had know it was coming out this soon.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I just upgraded to MC 19 a few weeks ago...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »

If it was really a few weeks ago, then you got a MC20 license.  Any purchases after July 1 were MC20 licenses:

If you purchased MC19 after July 1, 2014, you received an MC20 license that will work with both versions.  Just install MC20 when it is available.  It will find the license and your data.  It would be a good idea to back up your data before installing MC19.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 04:17:10 pm »

Sorry, it seemed a like a few weeks ago, it was actually May 25th. Same issue though, I would have stuck with MC 18 for a few more months if I had know MC 20 coming out this soon. I asked the question.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »

Sorry, it seemed a like a few weeks ago, it was actually May 25th. Same issue though, I would have stuck with MC 18 for a few more months if I had know MC 20 coming out this soon. I asked the question.

No one knew when MC20 was going to be released at that point which is why no one responded. Beta builds have just started in the last week. MC19 is still the current version.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:00:24 pm »

No one knew when MC20 was going to be released at that point which is why no one responded. Beta builds have just started in the last week. MC19 is still the current version.

Right.  MC20 won't likely be the fully stable version for another few months most likely, and they'll continue to push out bug fixes to MC19 for a while yet.  Public builds of MC20 haven't even been released yet, and they're currently in single-digits on the build numbers.  Early versions will be beta-quality for some time yet.

JRiver develops "in the open".  Jim describes it here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81987.0
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up