INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo - files repeated and will not play if album has leading "..."  (Read 1403 times)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

JR 19.0.161
Gizmo 19.0.135
Google Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4

Noticed today when I went to play QOTSA's "...Like Clockwork" in Gizmo (Playing here -- Audio | Artists | Albums) that each track is listed three times.  Gizmo cannot play the tracks & comes up with "error communicating with server".  The only way to clear the error and allow other tracks to play is to kill gizmo & restart.

Haven't noticed any other issues in Gizmo.

Suspect it doesn't like the leading ".".  If I get a chance I'll reduce the leading "." to two and see if gizmo shows the tracks twice.  Whilst I can probably get rid of the issue by changing the album name I'd prefer not to need to

thanks,

Steve

[edited subject]

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Gizmo - files repeated and will not play if album has leading "..."
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:05:14 am »

Changed the leading "..." to ".." in MC.

In Gizmo under Audio | Artist there is now an entry for "...Like Clockwork" and "..Like Clockwork"

Under "...Like Clockwork" each track is listed twice and after the last track on the album, each track is listed once again (track1, track1, track2, track2, track3, track3.....track1, track2, track3)
Selecting the tracks listed in pairs results in the "error communicating with server" message, however selecting the single entries at the end works OK

Under "..Like Clockwork" each track is presented once only and plays OK

Changed the leading ".." to "." in MC.

In Gizmo under Audio | Artist there is now an entry for "...Like Clockwork" and ".Like Clockwork"

Under "...Like Clockwork" each track is listed twice and after the last track on the album, each track is listed once again (track1, track1, track2, track2, track3, track3.....track1, track2, track3)
Selecting the tracks listed in pairs results in the "error communicating with server" message, however selecting the single entries at the end works OK

Under ".Like Clockwork" each track is presented once only and plays OK

Removed the leading "." in MC (the album is now "Like Clockwork")

In Gizmo under Audio | Artist there is now an entry for "...Like Clockwork" and "Like Clockwork"

Under "Like Clockwork" each track is presented once only and plays OK

I find it strange that the "...Like Clockwork" album still appears in Gizmo (even after restarting Gizmo and MC)

I have changed the album name back to "...Like Clockwork".  In Gizmo the album is listed once with each track listed twice (track1, track1, track2, track2 etc)

regards,

Steve

[edited Subject]

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Gizmo - files repeated and will not play if album has leading "..."
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:05:45 am »

Bump

I have changed the album name from "...Like Clockwork" to "Like Clockwork", restarted MC and Gizmo, but "...Like Clockwork" is still present in the Audio | Artists | Albums list in Gizmo & will not play.  It should be noted it is not visible in the view on the PC

I have checked the tags on a couple of the tracks & the only reference to "...Like Clockwork" is the filename's path (ie the directory structure on the HDD it is stored on)

Any ideas as to why gizmo is retaining the entry for "...Like Clockwork" or how I can get rid of it?

thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up